Hello from Lancashire.

Valleyforge

Returning back to the hobby after some forty odd years. Used to make models as a kid, but not that good. Done a little of everything in the past but mainline stuck with 1/72 Napoleonic figures and aircraft. Strange mix, I know. This time I am just trying to do it as a hobby in the evening and am doing mostly aircraft from the second world war. Just finished my first one which was the P40 Hawk by Airfix. Started off painting the plane with some enamels that I had left over from doing some American Civil War figures a few years ago; and put it into the diorama. My misses tried to get me back into the hobby and bought me the figures two years ago. However, I some how never got the bug for that kind of thing. I think aircraft is where Ill be and see how it goes. Tried to load the picture up to the site of the P40 and though I put the link into were you load it up it wont load. Ill keep trying. Just want to say it looks like a smashing site, so to be looking in from time to time. Cheers

Edited by Valleyforge
  • Like 3

Hello Valley… :post1: from the city of Chicago USA. Im mostly aircraft in 1/72nd scale but do venture into other types. Hmm as for photo’s, sadly you’ ll need a photo hosting website. This is an ongoing thread with multiple sites to explore/choose from. 

I personally use Imgur as it has pretty much unlimited storage and options for public or hidden photo’s. If a numpty like me can figure out the app/website then I suspect its pretty friendly. BTW public is exactly what you’d expect but hidden means its hidden from Imgur’s main feed page. Not from wherever you copy and paste the link too. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

Hallo Sir! I'm down in BB4, enjoying blue skies for once!

I found the easiest way to put pics up is to create a new Facebook profile with no friends etc, and upload pics there; then use the right click > Copy Image Address to get an address that pastes here nicely. It's never let me down yet

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 8:09 PM, Don149 said:

Welcome from over the border in West Yorkshire .

Don .

Thanks very much Don. Yorkshire is great, seem to spend a lot of my time up at Hellifield at the station during the nicer months.

On 10/7/2021 at 8:05 AM, Steve86 said:

Hello and welcome along, I think most of us have returned to the hobby at some point. Enjoy your builds!

Thanks Steve. Yes, now I seem to have a little time on my hands. It beats watching the box. 😄

On 10/5/2021 at 8:34 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Valley… :post1: from the city of Chicago USA. Im mostly aircraft in 1/72nd scale but do venture into other types. Hmm as for photo’s, sadly you’ ll need a photo hosting website. This is an ongoing thread with multiple sites to explore/choose from. 

I personally use Imgur as it has pretty much unlimited storage and options for public or hidden photo’s. If a numpty like me can figure out the app/website then I suspect its pretty friendly. BTW public is exactly what you’d expect but hidden means its hidden from Imgur’s main feed page. Not from wherever you copy and paste the link too. 

Dennis

Thanks for the welcome Dennis, i think Ive worked out how to post up the pictures. Set myself a new Facebook page up and doing it from there. Cheers, thanks for the help.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 2:47 AM, Flight Line Media said:

Hello, Valleyforge! Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here. :)

Thanks very much for the welcome, appreciate it. Look forward to posting up my work and learning a few tips of you guys. 

On 10/6/2021 at 3:20 PM, Simon Nonymous said:

Hallo Sir! I'm down in BB4, enjoying blue skies for once!

I found the easiest way to put pics up is to create a new Facebook profile with no friends etc, and upload pics there; then use the right click > Copy Image Address to get an address that pastes here nicely. It's never let me down yet

Hi Simon, not far off you in BB3 country. Spend a lot of my time over your neck of the woods at ELR. Hope to be there this Friday as they have a steam gala on. Ive took your advise and sorted out a new face book page and everything seems to be good. Thanks for the advice. Hope to get some more blue skies on Friday. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 4:49 PM, Ventora3300 said:

Best of Luck, @Valleyforge enjoy your return to modelling - I know I am. I haven't quite persuaded the missus to buy me kits yet but there's plenty time.... All the bets. Mike

Hi Mike thanks. Thanks for the welcome. Iam enjoying my model making and loving the kits that are now available. So detail compared to years ago. Ive got my wish list going for Christmas. however, Iam not doing so bad with picking up old kits from E bay to practice on.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!

The Facebook method may not be your best bet. There is at least one thread I know of where the Facebook links expired and the pics went blank. Better to get a proper hosting site in my opinion. Flickr or Imgur are popular.

Ian

• Like 1