Fairey Gannet AS Mk.4 (rf 1956) (ARKmodels 1:72) (ex-FROG-NOVO-DFI-EE)

15 hours ago, mick b said:

Phenomenal achievement from such an old kit! 

Mike

13 hours ago, AaCee26 said:

Hi Mic,

Knowing the ultimately basic base kit of the model I'm really finding your model amazing piece of real modelling to create such an astonishing model!

Cheers,

AaCee

12 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

Truly amazing modelling skills on display in this build. Brilliant and inspiring work. 😎

Thank you camaraderie!

• 4 weeks later...

Can I just ask what colours you used please? I am about to start the Revell 1/72 and have a folding wing kit to use. The instructions are a bit vague on colour scheme for the RN version although it looks like sky at the bottom and a dark battleship grey on top. Would the grey be the same colour as the slightly later RN colour scheme (grey top, white underside)?

Lovely model by the way!!!

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 7:20 PM, Martin1962 said:

Can I just ask what colours you used please? I am about to start the Revell 1/72 and have a folding wing kit to use. The instructions are a bit vague on colour scheme for the RN version although it looks like sky at the bottom and a dark battleship grey on top. Would the grey be the same colour as the slightly later RN colour scheme (grey top, white underside)?

Lovely model by the way!!!

Martin1962, thank you! No special paint has been applied. I mixed the shades of paint myself, looking at the photos.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:37 PM, Shorty84 said:

Wow, your work on this old kit is nothing short of amazing. Really impressive :worthy: I guess all the modifications/additional details are scratch built (самодел)?

Cheers

Markus

Shorty84, thank you! Yes, all the modifications are homemade...

On 11/2/2021 at 10:49 PM, Linus said:

Compliments, really great job!!!

On 11/3/2021 at 6:23 PM, David Womby said:

Absolutely amazing work.

David

Linus, David Womby, colleagues thanks for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 11:00 AM, Remus389 said:

I love that the wing can be folded. Interesting model of an interesting, rare aircraft.

This would stand out at any modelling competition, high chance of winning a prize.

Thx! 😎👍

On 11/7/2021 at 12:17 PM, Mig88 said:

That's really outstanding work on those old moulds. And with folding wings :yikes:!!!

Miguel

On 11/7/2021 at 12:59 PM, Samuraiwarrior said:

Fantastic model. 

I remember building one in my youth and not happy with the results. 

Just goes to show what can be done to end up with a beautiful looking model. Your skill, patience and ingenuity abounds. 

Respect. 

On 11/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, Roberto said:

You have done a mega work on this kit, and the finalt result is nothing short of a stunner!!!

Thank you very much colleagues for visiting and for the feedback! Sorry for the late responses, I don't visit the site often...

• Like 1

As the English saying goes, "many a fine tune played on an old fiddle".  I built this kit in the 1960s: I remember it as crude but with superb fit of parts.  You have transformed it into something that can hold its head up next to its modern competitors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seahawk said:

As the English saying goes, "many a fine tune played on an old fiddle".  I built this kit in the 1960s: I remember it as crude but with superb fit of parts.  You have transformed it into something that can hold its head up next to its modern competitors.

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Better by far than excellent, this is outstanding.

Thank you for showing it to us.

Colleagues, thank you very much for the feedback! I've loved FROG-NOVO kits since childhood and will try to keep building them in a new hypostasis. I am currently working on the Republic P-47D Thunderbolt. 

7Grh3lF9XKE.jpg?size=1280x960&quality=96 Kp8C5BG00oQ.jpg?size=1280x960&quality=96

Edited by MicTroy23
  • Like 2