A sprue shot / build with a difference

Paul821

It's a pity that this

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/725-anything-but-injection-gb/

has ended as this would be an obvious build for that, as it is certainly not injection and is a kit. It is also (supposedly) an inter-war aircraft so I thought I'd post it here.

plane

It came with within a large Meccano collection that I have recently acquired, At least there is no flash to remove and the build will be OOB.

• Like 4

I think that might be from Meccano Aero Constructor set no. 0 dating from around the mid 30s. Value? Well a complete set in original box in good nick would be around £500.

Cheers

Colin

• Thanks 1

Yup, I once made that mistake on an old 1920's kid's steam shovel metal toy, that was given to me as a kid.  Decades later, I wanted to clean it up for my son.  Had it sand-blasted and professionally re-painted.  Found out later that I had basically destroyed a very rare toy.  I do still have it in the attic, however.  At least, it hasn't rusted away!

Seriously, only you mess with whatever is left of the original paint, it suffers a much worse drop in value than driving a new car off the dealer's showroom!.  I sure hope that this is a labor of love for you, as mine was...

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

As I was only working on this between other projects, the build took some time.

IMG_1899

This seems to be built of the parts from the original Meccano set but as the next shot shows I have various parts from later releases

IMG_1903

and lastly a look at the mechanism through which the propeller turns. The rubber band is not an original

IMG_1902

• Like 4