1/48 - Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor by I Love Kit - released

Homebee

I Love Kit (link) is to release a 1/48th Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor kit - ref. ILK62801

Sources: 

http://www.ilovekit.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=83&l=en

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10820085

https://beavercorp.jp/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/アイラブキット-新製品-48th-F22ラプター-注文書-2021.10.05.pdf

10820085b.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Whatever the origin of this kit, it’s 50% more expensive than the Hasegawa Raptor, itself not a cheap kit. Aside from Hasegawa, Academy and Italeri have done 1/48 F-22 kits; I can’t imagine this is a re-release of any of those three.

21 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

That is some SUPERB box-art! I've always thought that great box-art is (possibly) the biggest selling-point for any kit.

With all respect, Chris, "In the eye of the beholder".  I thought the art was hideous and it made me wonder if the contents would live up to it. :worry:

Gene K

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor by I Love Kit - box art+sprues - release in 2021

Sprues as on display at the 5th IPMS Summer Scale Model Exchange Competition in Xi'an, Shaanxi (China).

Source: http://www.moxing.net/2021/1114/11542.html

231214f6zmeimihfiichmh.jpg

Release in first half of 2022

But I confess being much more interested by the Shenyang J-8I in the lower part of the image, 1/48th ?? :analintruder:

Conversion ? To my knowledge there's no quarter scale kit available from the J-8I "Finback-A".

232400zhhr784ohf4fnio4.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Someone educate me please. Is 380 parts really necessary to produce a high mold quality, very accurate model kit? The complexity of many modern kits makes me shy away from them. I'm 71, don't handle 1/72 scale kits easily and now even 1/48 scale is becoming a challenge, with some kits at least.

• Like 1

The translation from the moxing board tells two new kits from Trumpeter were shown (the other one is a 35th German diesel railway engine). As I am not sure with these 5th genearation a/c my querry: Is it sure that it is a F-22 or can it also be the new JC-31?

spacer.png

3 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Someone educate me please. Is 380 parts really necessary to produce a high mold quality, very accurate model kit? The complexity of many modern kits makes me shy away from them. I'm 71, don't handle 1/72 scale kits easily and now even 1/48 scale is becoming a challenge, with some kits at least.

If you want you can ignore most of the parts from this kit. Have a look at the sprues: three of them - with a lot of small parts ! - are dedicated to the armements... usually hidden in the closed weapons bays.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Homebee said:

If you want you can ignore most of the parts from this kit. Have a look at the sprues: three of them - with a lot of small parts ! - are dedicated to the armements... usually hidden in the closed weapons bays.

V.P.

And those are generic US weapons sprues only! Not a lot can be used on the Raptor at all currently!

Aim-120C?, Aim-9X, Gbu-32, ..

But not even external tanks.  :(

no Aim-9M, SDB  ...

Rather underwhelming this approach!

Looks like weapons for the Super Hornet...

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

And those are generic US weapons sprues only! Not a lot can be used on the Raptor at all currently!

It does look like a Trumpeter US weapons set! Very generic but lots included.

11 minutes ago, Alan P said:

At this estimated retail  there better should be included something specific, no?

This generic stuff only makes boxes bigger, shipping more expensive and prices increase overall.

And leads to frustrated customers when they note the excess plastic they have bought.

KH ultimately failed with this strategy already :(

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Homebee said:

Sprues as on display at the 5th IPMS Summer Scale Model Exchange Competition in Xi'an, Shaanxi (China).

Source: http://www.moxing.net/2021/1114/11542.html

I confess a high interest for the Shenyang J-8I in the lower part of the image, 1/48th ?? :analintruder:

Conversion ? To my knowledge there's no quarter scale kit available from the J-8I "Finback-A".

232400zhhr784ohf4fnio4.jpg

V.P.

Yen-Cheng Li

An Beck Yes! The chinese characters on the paper mean 1/48 F-22.

Quotation from a fb answer   after   querry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

I'm certain that the weapons sprues are the same as the ones included in the Hobbyboss 1/48 F/A-18E/F and EA-18G kits. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

KH ultimately failed with this strategy already :(

For a kit producer the main part of the budget goes into tooling so a lot of producers will focus on airframe sprues while the ordnance is considered more optional. It's not a Chinese thing: recall the "fiasco" of the first 1/72 Tamiya F-16 boxing which included only a pair of AIM-9Ms and a pair of AIM-120Cs. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

a lot of customers might be equally frustrated if the kit did NOT include skillions and whillions of parts for things that go bang!

or the required pylons to mount them?

I can't seen pylons. Those weapons mostly would not fit the weapons bay anyways due to size (at least not on the real Raptor ;) )

but whatever the reason, you are right it should not bother me at all :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

For a kit producer the main part of the budget goes into tooling so a lot of producers will focus on airframe sprues while the ordnance is considered more optional.

Indeed. Besides, if the company already has moulds with armament from earlier projects, the cost of the parts themselves is really small.