Zvezda 1/48th Mi-24P assistance sought

lesthegringo

Hi all, I am building the Zvezda Mi-4P but I have an issue that I'm hoping you can help with.

The rotor head shaft part G30 is missing from my kit. I don't think I lost it as I always check for losose parts when opening the box / bags, and that wasn't one of them (there were a couple) but it is missing off the sprue and I can't locate any thing that would look similar on other sprues in case it has been mis-labeled. Maybe it never was there when I got the kit, or maybe I knocked it off and didn't notice, but it isn't here any more. From the instructions an looking at the mating parts it looks like a pretty simple part; three cylindical sections one on top of another, with a hole down the middle. This means I should be able to make a replacement either with sections of styrene rod / tube or by 3D printing with resin. However I need the dimensions of the part to do so. I can measure the mating parts for the three diameters and the bore, but I need the length of each of the sections. If anyone has the kit and can measure these for me I would be grateful.

Cheers

Les

Very quickly, so you get an idea:

10mm in length.

Biggest diameter 5mm, main, upper section  4mm, bottom ~ 2,5mm

Length from bottom to top 2mm×D2,5mm, 2mm×D5mm, 4mmxD6mm.

Hole on top: ~D1,5mm, ~5mm deep (female of G25!)

If you need it more exactly, let me know. Photo or sketch possible tomorrow as well ;) but not from the phone ;)

PS: mine was also seperately in the box....

And I think you can use sprue from the kit to build that up...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lesthegringo said:

That's perfect! I can easily make that from those dimensions, and the diameters I can match to the parts I have 

Thanks a milliion!

Les

great that that was of help! good luck!

by the way, I just recieved the new Eduard Hind D model (same plastic as the V)... and this part was also loose, very loooose ;)