T67m Slingsby Firefly Plans/Drawings

wellsprop

Hi, 

A long shot I think, does anyone have high quality plans/drawings/3-views of the Slingsby Firefly T67m that they would be willing to share? 

Unfortunately, the only 3views I've found online are fairly low quality and not very detailed (although the composite airframe has little detail anyway). 

Cheers, 

Ben

Hi Ben,

I may be able to help you with this but not until I return home from Dubai with work next week. I used to work on these at Middle Wallop and occasionally at Barkston Heath/ Cranwell, I also occasionally fly one and have spent many trips going upside down.

I’m sure I have an old maintenance manual in the loft and have plans for quite a large radio controlled version along with a magazine that may have plans in although I’m not totally sure! 

If you can hold out for a few days I’ll see if I can help.....but only if you’re planning on doing a 1/48 or 1/32 version of it! 😉😀

Cheers,

Carl.

@carlstavros

Must be a bit warmer out there than it is here at the moment! 

That'd be fantastic, I'm hoping to get checked out in the clubs T67 once it's back from maintenance and I too plan to spend some time wheels pointed skywards 🤣

Plan is to make a 48th scale model and maybe give resin casting a go! 

Cheers

Ben

It sucks mate but someone’s gotta do it! 😎😀

Good luck on the check out, I don’t actually have an Aeros rating, my fun was always as an air test observer who was allowed a play afterwards. I have been checked out although our aircraft is long term tech! 🙄

Great news about the 1/48 model T67, I’ve been following your efforts with the Chipmunk and although it was a bummer for you, it’s great that Airfix did it. I’ve started a long while back the 1/50 (close enough!) Heller RF5 but it requires quite a lot of work. I’ve seen some great 3D prints of models recently, they’ve come a long way really quickly!

I’ve sent you a PM btw.

Edited by carlstavros
  • Like 1