Trumpeter 1/32 Mig 3.XXXFinishedXXXXXX

Hi folk's with the Soviet Spitfire progressing well thoughts are turning to another project I've wanted

to do for a while now,for some reason this kit sells for around the forty quid mark which always puts a

tight wad like me off but I got lucky on e-bay last week and got it for twenty eight from a seller I've dealt 

with a few times great to deal with and always a nice note slipped inside thanking the buyer for the 

business. So once the Spitfire is done I'll start.Usual Trumpeter moldings nice detailing and beautful

clear parts.

20211004_184650

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Flight Line Media said:

Great project, Steve!

Thank's Flight line.

10 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

I've got one in the stash so I'll be interested to see what you think of the kit :) 

Thank's Stew,first impressions are good, a dry run of the major part's show a good fit only the hinges for the airlerons are a worry

all done in PE of which I'm not a great fan other than that the usual Trumpeter fare just the right amount of detail for most. I had a

punt on their 1/32 Hellcat for £27 again no other bidders so I was lucky enough to nab it the next day.

• Like 1

Good choice of kit, I built one a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, like a lot of Trumpeter kits it goes together beautifully, the hinges were no problem, Massimo's website was my number 1 reference for the build.

https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/mig3/mig3.html

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folk's progressing with this one a few "odd" issues.Lovely fit of the two upper cowling parts no filler needed,the tail pieces click

into place nicely but a good 1mm gap on the underside join which is a simple fix and  hopefully just my bad handling but with the

top fuselage join behind the cockpit giued and taped there was an awful step on the underside join almost like one fuselage half was

a tad bigger than the other,luckily there are no panel lines so a bit of elbow grease and wet'n dry sorted it.

20211023_194653

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tomjw said:

Looking good Steve. Mind if I tag along?

Cheers,

Tom

Glad of the company Tom,so far a good fit of parts I use builders caulk as filler which avoids sanding which is just as well as the kit

does need it on the wing and tail etc,it'll be the paintwork that will make or break the build getting the winter wash right.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 5:06 PM, stevej60 said:

Glad of the company Tom,so far a good fit of parts I use builders caulk as filler which avoids sanding which is just as well as the kit

does need it on the wing and tail etc,it'll be the paintwork that will make or break the build getting the winter wash right.

Thanks Steve.

I've never thought of using builders caulk as a filler. That's genius. I'm going to have to give that a try as I've got tonnes of the stuff.

Keep up the good work.

Tom

That's coming along nicely, it's a well engineered kit if my memory serves me right, it also looks very much like a 1930's racing plane to me.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi folk's sorry for the lack of progress down to a total loss of mojo from early November to finding it again with the Matchbox GB and

getting carried away as usual.Time to get back to some modern tooling's though and this one in particular.Using my take on Russian

blue(very washed out in the photo) then to break it up a few passes with a darker shade and finally a shade lighter,can't now decide

on the winter or summer scheme for the finish.

20220210_105314

• Like 4

Hi folk's,really pleased with the top surface finish used my mix of green based around Tamiya deep green then shaded up and down 

break up the solid look.Smoke used at the wing roots and other nooks and crannys.

20220210_190707

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Just caught up on this Steve, lovely work, she's looking really nice B) 

Cheers,

Stew

Many thank's Stew,to be honest I only re-started this one at the begining of the week after a good few month's of Mojo loss,once

finished I have Trumpeter's 1/32 Hellcat and P51 B to start in my big scale adventure!

35 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Looking good, still reminds me of a racing plane though.

Cheers

Dennis

I'd have to agree Dennis big fuselage and small wing's seem to be part of a lot of Russian WW2 fighters.

• stevej60 changed the title to Trumpeter 1/32 Mig 3.XXXFinishedXXXXXX

Hi Folk's,finally finished this project way beyond the timeframe I had expected,the loss of Mojo before Christmas and then the over the top number of entries in 

the Matchbox GB finally a little bit of me didn't think it was right given current event's posting anything in Red stars but we shouldn't judge those that made such

sacrifice's before us by the standard's of their countrymen's leader's  today.So RFI photos to come after the last job of adding the wing tip lights.

20220410_193945

20220410_193720

• Like 3