1/12 Ford GT 40 (remodelled)

kpnuts

It is, I bought it as the magnifier kit but its the original trumpeter kit reboxed.

I have it stripped (now just have to strip the paint off)
IMG-8556.jpg
IMG-8555.jpg
IMG-8553.jpg
IMG-8554.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, that's cool! Scifi elements could actually suit the GT40 well, it's a pretty retrofuturistic body shape, after all. I wouldn't go too crazy with the body colour, maybe some adapted version of some real racing livery?

Scifi vehicles loosely based on real ones are generally a cool concept, Space battleship Yamato is one of my favourite designs!

• 7 months later...

Hi all, so what happened here.

Both parts were painted at the same time, with the same primer and the same top coat, I decided to give them a second coat and this happened 

IMG-0886.jpg
IMG-0887.jpg

• Sad 8

That’s a shame, Ken. Apparently the paint layers react unfavourably with each other, but weird that one part is ok and the other not.

• 4 weeks later...

You read my mind John, I was wondering whether to query the installation of the flux capacitor but you got there first!

I'm not sure about this one - at first I thought "NO! Sacrilege!" as I'm inordinately fond of the GT40 shape, but seeing what's going on with it is fascinating, wonderfully creative and makes me smile too.  I can't wait to see how it ends up...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

The force is strong with this one.

21 hours ago, John_W said:

Looks more like Doc Brown got his hands on it...

They were the themes I thought I could see developing, I was just about to say so and there you two were already! 😆

• Like 1