What if.. 1:35 WWII German walker tank [Scratchbuild]

Another model of mine built from scratch some time ago. Let me know to stop when you feel spammed 😉

This time it's a "what if" project.

1:35 German WWII walker tank

(fully built from scratch. Ok... almost. Few parts were from kits)

The idea was to combine a German-style WWII tank and spider legs. Those of you who dealt with the German armoured vehicles will probably notice the Tiger inspiration.

There are three legs because I hate to do repetitive elements so I made the minimum necessary to ensure stability.

Initially it was supposed to be an Allied vehicle, which is why among the WIP photos there is one with a different turret. But I didn't like it so I built another turret.

Enjoy

W.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by voozet
  • Like 17

Absolutely brilliant, what a cool project. The design is pure steam/diesel punk. Prob more diesel than steam. Either way, it works well as a unique design and the build quality is great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Monty said:

Absolutely brilliant, what a cool project. The design is pure steam/diesel punk.

My dream is to build a vehicle according to the concept of the Polish artist Jakub Rozalski. PZM-7 Smialy (which means Brave in English).

https://jrozalski.com/projects/n28D4

I will make it huge: 40 cm high. But the first try showed me that it would be difficult. I failed but I do not lose hope that one day it will succeed 🙂

Rozalski is known in Poland from a series of digital paintings presenting an alternative version of the history, between WWI and WWII.

In his version, 'mechas' fight at the front during the Polish-Bolshevik war of 1920.

As I heard, even a PC game was created based on his graphics: Iron Harvest (I didn't play it because I play on the console).

I am pleased that this model has aroused such positive reactions. I build two or three things a year, and I'm rarely satisfied with the end result myself. A positive feedback is a good motivation for greater efforts.

"Beware the creepy-crawly thing, my young friend, particularly if it has a PAK 88 sticking out the front of it..."

Lovely, imaginative scratch-build of a great "What-If". If the Nasties had keep going another 20 years, who knows what they would have invented? Not a happy thought. 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...