1/16 ICM Viking

Foxbat

I did this one for the Ragnar's Return Nordic GB, and to dip a toe into larger figures having seen some fantastic ones here. This is how he finished up.

Figure was built from the box then painted using Vallejo, Tamiya, Akan and Citadel paints, inks and varnish. Base is decorated with Woodland Scenics and Javis Scenics model railway accessories and a stone from my back yard

Build thread is here: Build Thread

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one. I like that. There are some really striking features. You've done the shield, especially the rear, very well. It's good to see some freehand painting. The leather jerkin is most realistic as are the shoes.

It's a pity the face is so well hidden by the helmet as that looks rather good too. That's a problem with the kit though and not down to you. 

If I have a suggestion, it's to increase the contrast. Deeper shadows and brighter highlights would liven him up a bit.

Overall, it's an excellent and imposing figure. I wouldn't like to meet him looking at me over his shield like that, axe in hand.

• Like 1

Thank you, both for the kind words and the constructive suggestions. He's my first large scale figure so I'm still finding out what works and how to translate what I'm used to into the bigger scale. These guys are more my usual thing:

spacer.png

Andy

• Like 1