Here's my Eastern Express 1/144 Bombardier Q400 with RJS decals for the Flybe scheme. Build thread is here in the High Wing group build. 

The purple looks far too blue in these photos, I found it really hard to photograph indoors and haven't got the white balance right. I'll try and get a better photo in natural light. For now you'll just have to trust me when I say the Tamiya X-16 purple I used looks pretty good and close enough to photos of the real thing that it's acceptable to my eyes!

I quite liked the kit. It's a short run kit with a little fettling needed, but still a fairly straightforward build. The RJS decals are nice, but I decided not to use the decals for the yellow and red bands around the tail - the instructions said they should go over white paint, so it was going to need some precise masking, so I decided that if I was masking it that precisely I might as well just paint the yellow and red bands!

1/144 Flybe Q400

1/144 Flybe Q400

1/144 Flybe Q400

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 32

I’ve got 000’s of hours flying those things, and I can tell you that’s a really fantastic job you’ve done. The purple looks spot on to me.

• Thanks 1

Lovely little model, in a striking scheme. Must have been a smart move to mask and paint those bands, they have come out very well.

I'd love to build one of these but the price puts me off.

Cheers

john

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 9:50 AM, Viking said:

Lovely little model, in a striking scheme. Must have been a smart move to mask and paint those bands, they have come out very well.

I'd love to build one of these but the price puts me off.

Cheers

john

Hi John, I might be able to help you out with a Dash 8, although not a 400 but a choice of a 200 or 300 perhaps? Eastern Express too. I have just taken on the colossal task of clearing my late brother's huge stash which includes so many civil aircraft its unbelievable. Let me know if you are interested.