Belkits Ford Fiesta WRC 2017

19 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I just googled that Puma - hard to believe they could make it more ugly than the Fiesta - but they've succeeded brilliantly....!! 🤣

Keith

The new Puma looks too big to be a rally car , but hopefully Malcoms men will turn it into a winner . 

Gary  . 

12 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

The new Puma looks too big to be a rally car ,

Size reminds me of the MINI WRC. That didn't work very well....

TBH I've about lost all interest in anything other than historic rallying now.

Keith

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

TBH I've about lost all interest in anything other than historic rallying now.

Aw c'mon now Keith, that's just the age thing kicking in :wicked:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Fiesta is nearly done now . When I started this build is was always going to be wrong in so much as it is a tarmac spec . car on a gravel rally . Not to worry though as I like to think of it as a “ tribute “ car . 
Here’s my garage sale shot of the wheels , cocktail stick used for the centres and nuts . 

51852241591_bba7986e4f_k_d.jpg

And how it looks on those wheels 

51852894905_840f343b1b_c_d.jpg

Also on the above picture you can see I have added door mirrors , bonnet fasteners and roof aerial mounts and GPS senders . There’s 9 of these altogether and , although provided , I don’t think I’m going to add the metal wire that makes up the aerials . Just for easier display and cleaning really with there being so many !  And of course at the back the huge wing that was so delicate to make and , as can be seen on this next photo , not easy to mount . So I am propping it up with the jack of all trades cocktail stick , while the glue sets as all it wanted to do was droop . There’s only 2 mounting holes at the top of the rear window to secure it . Hope it sets in the correct position …..

51852314483_f804196c8e_c_d.jpg

There’s just some under body protection plates to fit and that will be about it , 

thanks for looking 

Gary . 

• Like 7

Good work there, and loving the cocktail stick support while the glue dries.

Using the cocktail stick for painting looks to have worked pretty well too - have to admit that my preference is for extremely fine brushes (Tamiya Ultra Fine or Army Painter Psycho) but you've done a good job with the stick there. The only time I've used cocktails sticks for painting is scraping off where I've gone wrong!