Vignette Tank M3 Grant "The English Patient"

Hello all 🥳

Today I would like to introduce you to my latest vignette.
Some of you already know the project from WIP, so I won't say too much.
I hope you like the model, so have fun with the pictures!
MD

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

See you!

• Like 44

Superb MD, as mentioned in the wip. The paintwork is brilliant,  loving the burnt and scorched effect you've achieved, all the little detail like the kit in the stowage box is just great.

Of course not forgetting the figure and the base and the photography.....almost forgot how it sits within the vignettes groundwork too!

Just brilliant!

Darryl 

14 hours ago, Stef N. said:

I stand by my earlier statement. That is a brilliant vignette displaying some high end modelling. Well done MD and thanks for the WIP.👏 👏👏

Hello Stef

Thank you very much for your comment - I was very pleased 😏

52 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Superb MD, as mentioned in the wip. The paintwork is brilliant,  loving the burnt and scorched effect you've achieved, all the little detail like the kit in the stowage box is just great.

Of course not forgetting the figure and the base and the photography.....almost forgot how it sits within the vignettes groundwork too!

Just brilliant!

Darryl 

Hi Darryl

Thanks so much for your comment-I really appreciate it.
I have to admit that I didn't do so well with the photos-my camera is broken and so I did everything with my old Iphone.
I think it's a little overexposed-it must be the strong sun in the desert 😁

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Perfect little vignette. You've got the burnt out look just right. Nice one.

John.

Hello John

THX a lot!

Some really great details, and damage effects. There is something about the figure that looks out of place with the rest of the scene. If its still possible, maybe turn him, or his head just a few degrees so he looks like he's looking at, and interacting with the tank. Right now he looks like a tour guide at a museum, describing an exhibit behind him.  This is a really good vignette, and could be great with just a slight turn. 

I really like this and for all the reasons the guys have said earlier. It’s a really nicely done dio and paints a picture. 

Just one thing missing that would round it off. No Juliette Binoche!! :wub: :D

On 04/10/2021 at 16:18, SoftScience said:

Some really great details, and damage effects. There is something about the figure that looks out of place with the rest of the scene. If its still possible, maybe turn him, or his head just a few degrees so he looks like he's looking at, and interacting with the tank. Right now he looks like a tour guide at a museum, describing an exhibit behind him.  This is a really good vignette, and could be great with just a slight turn. 

Thank you in advance for your opinion 👍
Unfortunately, I can't make any more changes - the glue is rock hard.
As far as the medic's look is concerned, it really isn't directed at a specific point-I agree with you.
But that was also my intention, because I wanted to convey a general shocked impression of the whole situation.
The medic comes in relaxed from the left and sees an almost intact tank.
When he reaches the right side, the pipe almost falls out of his mouth and he wonders with a fixed gaze whether the crew was able to get out in time 😮
This is how it could have happened...

MD

PS: This view also has no specific goal and perhaps only shows the hopelessness of war?

spacer.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I really like this and for all the reasons the guys have said earlier. It’s a really nicely done dio and paints a picture. 

Just one thing missing that would round it off. No Juliette Binoche!! :wub: :D

Kristin Scott Thomas would not be a bad choice either 😁

• Haha 2