1/72 Airfix Henschel Hs 123A-1

Dear all,

Had a trip down memory lane by building this Henschel 123 biplane.   I well remember this kit as a kid so could not resist Airfix's reboxing of this as part of their 'Vintage Classics' range.

You can really appreciate how the hobby has evolved over the years and we now take for granted the level of precision and detail in today's kits.   That said, actually a great little, straightforward kit with easy fit of parts - provided if you can live with all the raised panel details.   This was a nice, straightfoward build mostly built out of box with some minor mods (including a made up basic cockpit) carried out just to enhance things a little bit.

Finished in the Spanish civil war (nationalist) markings of the Condor Legion, Spain, 1939.

9FZQnkn.jpg

dmptwW4.jpg

h1kiyqi.jpg

rN1Sr55.jpg

5pEE6Qv.jpg

fyNVdDw.jpg

qIWDLNS.jpg

Regards

Dave

• Like 31

13 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great work Dave on an oldie, looks lovely.  I like building the older kits too, the old Airfix Avro 504 was a particularly enjoyable build. 

Great job fella

Chris

Thanks, Chris -

I really enjoyed this one - it made for a nice pleasant change of pace.   I will look out now for another old kit project to update in the future.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1