Mastermodels Ltd Harrow Middlesex

wallyinoz

A while back I came across a smoke stained and decal peeled Comet 4C model in 1/72 scale. The label underneath that I did not notice at first showed it was manufactured in the UK by Mastermodels Ltd..which is still going apparently though they have shifted from Harrow Middx it would seem. The original stand was missing so I made a replacement and designed a suitably vintage looking label, as well as designing replacement fuselage title and registration decals (the arabic script was challenging!) anyone have any idea whether this model would have been a  a present for the airline on purchasing the Comet or just a travel agent model? any idea what the original stand would have looked like?

51545589748_1bfd49d6b7_h.jpg

• Like 7

Alas, I have no answers to your specific questions, but I just have to comment: "wow!"  That's a first-rate restoration of a beautiful model.  What are your plans for it?  This belongs in a museum, in my humble opinion...!

4 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Alas, I have no answers to your specific questions, but I just have to comment: "wow!"  That's a first-rate restoration of a beautiful model.  What are your plans for it?  This belongs in a museum, in my humble opinion...!

Lol, I bought it off a museum I am a volunteer at, because they felt it had no relevance to West Australian aviation and because it looked so "ratty", they couldnt give it away! I paid a few dollars for it and after about 6 months i thought i'd try tidying it up. It sits in my cabinet for now

51546616984_4f2e6ce6db_h.jpg

• Like 9

That is a great thing to have  . Sure it's an MEA office and Travel Agent's model . 

Edited by bzn20

If you put MasterModels in your search on your PC it shows all the details about the company, it's address, phone number and the open times. They may be able to answer any questions you may have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PatW said:

If you put MasterModels in your search on your PC it shows all the details about the company, it's address, phone number and the open times. They may be able to answer any questions you may have.

hiya, yes I did make a query with them but no reply yet

• 2 months later...

Greetings from sunny Melbourne Wally. Glad you've "popped up" on Britmod! I used to follow all your posts on Aussie Modeller International.

I think it's no longer on the web and is just on Facebook.

Great to see your outstanding work.

Cheers,

Paul (aka Bertie Lissie of Biggles fame)