Russian Sovremenny class destroyer

hello ,

a friend of mine donated this dragon 1/700 model to me a while ago, and I have finally completed. I searched some good step by step video about making the sea and found this one on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdbGxidDZTU&list=PL1Gx_EzcpzD68EDK6KKZXfGm4393mL97E&index=2

I pretty much used the same method.

and here is some pictures of my model

DSC_0040

DSC_0041

DSC_0047

DSC_0048

DSC_0049

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Very nice.  I especially love the way that you have created a sense of depth in the water through the clever use of colour.  I've been up close and personal with a couple of these (taking photographs from about 100 yards) and this captures the meanness that they are in the steel.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

Great work on both the Sovremenny and sea base, looks great. Any chance of close-up shots of your destroyer?

Stuart

I presume that you meant the phots that I took.  Sadly not, they were all taken on the works camera and the film when unloaded from the camera was sent straight to MOD.  All I ever got back was a contact sheet with comments like "frame 3-6 under-exposed 1 stop, frame 11-14 under-exposed 2 stops".  We rarely got to keep copies of any of the photos that we took.

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I presume that you meant the phots that I took.

Sadly not, I was requesting closer photos of the model that the author has since provided. That being said, for these subjects, obtaining images must be pretty difficult, so hats off to you.

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...