New ship detail companies.... are you familiar with them?

Hi Folks.

I just learned of new (to me) ship detail companies. Does anyone have any experience with their products? 

And if so, can you comment on the level of detail and quality?

I discovered these on ebay.

The labels/companies are "Shipyard" and "Five Star." Their products look very interesting.

Thanks for any help. 

Randolph

First I'd heard of them was reading this RFI which used Five Star parts and which look very good:

Sadly, the thing that would put me off using them (at least from that eBay outlet, auroramodelshop) is the  open claim that they advertise that they state on the customs declaration that it is a gift under $25 and if the buyer gets caught for import duties, bad luck.  That despite the fact that there are almost no Five Star or Shipyard items that fall into the sub $25 category.  Now I know that none of us like paying tax, but surely that is blatant fraud and I'm sure that by entering into a sales agreement with them on that basis, HMRC could make a case that we knew what they planned to do and are therefire an accessory to the crime?  I wouldn't use them out of principle.

On 10/3/2021 at 6:09 PM, OutcastJoel said:

Five star are excellent and are available from Starling Models if you are in the UK.

https://starling-models.co.uk/collections/five-star-models

Five Star are excellent but I am currently running down the stock I have as I won't be stocking them in future.  Nothing to do with quality or reliabiilty of the company, both are excellent, just a business decision.

Mike

• Like 3