Le Monstre 1950, scratch build

Back in 1950, that must have seemed like something from outer space. What a car.

Superb modelling throughout, with first class photography to show it all off. Thanks for letting us follow along.

Tony.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Renek said:

For the pleasure of the eye.....

Hardly a pleasure for the eye, it was possibly the ugliest car ever to race at Le mans, but your build is definitely a pleasure for our senses, some superb modelling on show & you have given this ugly duckling a real make over. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

i, too, never saw the in-progress thread but did go through it superficially and bookmarked for a more in-depth read later.

what a great undertaking; making a scale version of this car. when i first began reading this thread, while the workmanship is impeccable, i wasn't sure what to make of the design.

i honestly thought it may have been a prototype for the Thunderbirds marionette series of space exploration!

Category:Land Vehicles | Thunderbirds Wiki | Fandom

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't know this car existed until I saw the replica at Le Mans Classics. But it was a car which caught the eye, even if it did keep breaking down.

As for your model, it's been great to watch it come together and the end result is excellent, a very good representation of the real thing.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the positive response to my car construction, which fascinates me so much.
You know .... nowadays it's very easy to buy any model in the popular scale and and more or less successfully assemble it. My path has been different in recent years, and especially at the last time when politicians are producing disease and putting pressure on ordinary people almost everywhere in the world. One no longer feels so safe and escapes to the workshop with my thoughts in my case and builds non-traditional, strange and ugly cars for some people ... I haven't been to any competition for two years, only at work and at home ... and it bothers me now :)

• Like 3

On 10/3/2021 at 4:28 AM, s.e.charles said:

i honestly thought it may have been a prototype for the Thunderbirds marionette series of space exploration!

It's funny...my first thought was '1950's comic-book Batmobile.'

Superb project, artistically achieved!

• Like 1

Magnificent! A monsterous masterpiece! You sir have an amazing talent.

Any chance you might someday scratch build a Cunningham C-4R and/or C-4RK coupe to park next to this beauty? Love these early ‘50’s Briggs Cunningham race cars.

Edited by nearsightedjohn
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 4:49 AM, nearsightedjohn said:

Magnificent! A monsterous masterpiece! You sir have an amazing talent.

Any chance you might someday scratch build a Cunningham C-4R and/or C-4RK coupe to park next to this beauty? Love these early ‘50’s Briggs Cunningham race cars.

Thank you, yes ... I'm toying with this idea. It's just a matter of deciding and finding time to build