Yet another 1/48th Airfix Chippy.

DHC-1 Chipmunk T.10 WK630:15 of 2 AEF/ Hamble 1971.

One of the Chippys I have flown in and still in the country somewhere.

Finally got this one out the way. I am not sure why but this build was jinxed! Had a job with the clear parts messing them up but 7quid later  and Airfix sent me a replacement set.  The two tabs that are supposed to help locate the wing in to place I cut off because they interfered with the fit and at the rear end,. Then it was the decals. A lovely set from Xtradecals but I really messed up the lovely 2 AEF/SUAS unit emblem which is why it is missing on starboard side. On the whole, I enjoyed making this one despite a couple issues and look forward to doing it again.. With experience of this kit  it should be better.

Yz3SM1.jpg

DRef9W.jpg

ubqEoF.jpg

qqNcHD.jpg

GZN3sc.jpg

lA64Dd.jpg

905xgC.jpg

SjrpjS.jpg

kZg54y.jpg

THis one and the pic below it is alongside my Aeroclub kit as WD346:3 of the same unit but in 1968 and the very first Chipmunk I flew in.
aL1UpC.jpg

Re the unit badge, if anyone has the same set and not going to use the items, I will be very happy to give it a home on my build seen here. Many thanks for looking.

• Like 26

9 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Nice work Paul, both models look good.  It is good to see an  Aeroclub vac form built so well, I have one in the storeroom somewhere, 

Colin.

Thanks. But the Aeroclub one I show here is the injection version.

What a lovely pair of Chipmunks. Nice work. First aeroplane I (was) ever sat in; aged 5ish, Blackpool Airport (I think), circa 1960. I sort of remember a funny smell, an uncomfortable seat and strange metal bits all around the cockpit.