Floral freighter from the isles.

Good day to you all.  This is the first of three finally finished models started just about a year ago roughly.  First up then, is the Roden 1/144th DC-3.  I was going to complete this in another civvy scheme but I had so much trouble with the decals curling at the edges and not staying put! I almost binned it but a rub down and some fresh paint took it to a level ready for decals again and a search for something I liked.  Finally came up with the Classic Airlines decals by Nick Webb.  I chose this BIA example as I used to see it regularly over my home way back on its way from Gatwick to the Channel Isles.  Used to haul fresh cut flowers etc and also newspaper runs around the country.

The rather nice decals went on well and only some very careful trimming was needed for them to fit around the fin, tailplanes and flying surfaces leading edges  for the de icer boots..

C6Ih3U.jpg

JkbKH5.jpg

bSx0x9.jpg

The rudder trailing edge needs attention to remove the raggedy decal edge but otherwise I think its fine.
cHUiaF.jpg

I suppose it could do with all the roof top furniture like antennas etc but I have left them off ... why spoil it for a ha'porth of tar!
aD6SyK.jpg

I have got another Roden kit and a Minicraft one still to do and will be going back to see what Nick Webb has on his site.  

By the way G-AMRA was one I flew in while with Air Atlantique at North Weald in June 1987.

• Like 26