Italeri Scania T143H 6x4

Don149

To anyone who has built the "bonneted Scania . After cutting the 12 m/m piece from the middle of the chassis frames , should

one of the cross members be omitted ? . The illustrations are of little help , one shows one thing , another one shows them all in

place . The chassis appears to be a " lash up " from another model . I`ve never met this problem with any of their other truck kits .

Don .

G'day Don,

I've just had a look at the map on the Superhobby page.

ec56eba2-3af1-4d84-a94e-f9012dff637e.JPG

It's the same chassis as the T142 H kit,the cut line is on that item

b6b46425-036a-4677-8a51-311e45296626.JPG

The cut falls between 2A and 3A.3A has the attachment flange for the propshaft.

43769a5d-1eeb-416a-bd11-47f86a8e1fff.JPG

The propshaft needs 12mm cut out of it to fit.

29a4a107-7606-46fe-8f42-d2c654caf920.JPG

A later stage in the sequence shows the crossmember ahead of the propshaft mounting one missing,where it is shown in the earlier diagram. 

24b895b6-28cc-4d61-aacf-2d09fae462f0.JPG

Personally I would put it in,the locating gubbins is there and it would save taking all that out.It would help to reinforce the joint and wouldn't look too congested.You could always not make the cut and not have the problem,it wouldn't look wrong.

Hope that's of some use :thumbsup2:.

Thanks Alex , I`ll put in all three cross members `though 2+3 will be quite close together . I regret cutting the frame now ! .

The instructions are rather vague on this part .

Don .                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• Like 1