1/35 Scud-B (Trumpeter) Vietnam People Army

TuanNA

It is a great pleasure to see such a well-done job - just a great model!

Numerous shades and irregular located surface defects, dust, and dirt to match the true scale make the model look like a real huge and heavy vehicle.
A small note - in the last photo the main hydro cylinder that raises the rocket into a vertical position looks like aluminum and not like polished steel.

Vytautas

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vytautas said:

It is a great pleasure to see such a well-done job - just a great model!

Numerous shades and irregular located surface defects, dust, and dirt to match the true scale make the model look like a real huge and heavy vehicle.
A small note - in the last photo the main hydro cylinder that raises the rocket into a vertical position looks like aluminum and not like polished steel.

Vytautas

Thank you! 

I don't understand that. why my bright sliver color turns like this after a while of painting.  maybe I should replace it with metal parts.

6 hours ago, TuanNA said:

I don't understand that. why my bright sliver color turns like this after a while of painting.  maybe I should replace it with metal parts.

What metallic do you use? Some metallic paint are really poor, like Tamiya acrylic - they have very coarse pigment (strange thing - Tamiya acrylic paints are just great and their acrylic metallics are fantastically bad)

Or this could have happened because the primed surface has micro roughness. Maybe it would be possible to paint the surface with a shiny black coating before painting with metallic?

In the past it has happened to me a similar thing - I noticed that it happened because I used primer. When I washed the primer from the model and painted it metallic on bare plastic, the surface became like metal - as it should be. In this case, I used Model Master buffed gunmetal. Since then I have stopped using primer on any models.

Vytautas

• Thanks 1

@vytautas The color i use was Bright Sliver (Mr Color-  Lacquare). I think you are right about the primer. I used Surface 500 for all model. Next time i will use Surface 1500 (có độ nhám thấp hơn nhiều so với Surface 500)  for the metallic color. 

Thanks for advices!