Hawker Typhoon

On 9/30/2021 at 7:06 PM, Andy Dyck said:

Absolute stunning…..I thought the first photography is a reference pic. Top modeling and the very best photographs that I saw for a long time. 
I guess that these pic’s are natural light one’s.  That makes me really envious……have to put my fingers out and try it too. 

Cheers 

Andy 

Thanks very much, also to all for the comments.

On 10/1/2021 at 12:38 PM, FatFlyHalf said:

This is modelling at its apex.  Wonderful.  And the photography is enough to convince you it's (almost) real.

Why almost ?

Well I think it a bot odd that there are many panels removed by engine and airframe fitters, yet the armourers have left the rockets underwing while maintenance is carried out.  A bit carless of the Flight Sergeant armourer if you ask me....

... but it makes a briliant picture.

I fully agree..I was torn…build a typhoon without rockets or a 1:24 without some panels open…

….having spent a few summers in Normandy I would not even leave the canopy open for very long….

On 02/10/2021 at 15:43, Cellarfrog said:

I fully agree..I was torn…build a typhoon without rockets or a 1:24 without some panels open…

….having spent a few summers in Normandy I would not even leave the canopy open for very long….

You have plainly been there (Normandy) in the wrong summers.

It can get hot and dusty.

Or, as you say, damp. But that's why it is so green.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FatFlyHalf said:

You have plainly been there (Normandy) in the wrong summers.

It can get hot and dusty.

Or, as you say, damp. But that's why it is so green.

Oh I love it there…I will keep trying for one of those summers you seem to have had!

:) 

Truly impressive result, stunning finish. As far as the model is concerned, I am amazed by the rendition of the overlaps of the riveted panels. Great photography too, as others said.

Congrats, best regards,

dan

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dstream said:

Truly impressive result, stunning finish. As far as the model is concerned, I am amazed by the rendition of the overlaps of the riveted panels. Great photography too, as others said.

Congrats, best regards,

dan

Airfix have really hit the mark with this model, I highly recommend it.