Why have i not seen this before ...

Melsmith

Hi all, 

Like quite a few others i have re discovered the pleasure of modelling during lockdown with an old Airfix Spitfire (profile pic) leading onto an old Tamiya figure found in my Dads loft where i dug out a box of Historex figures a personal favorite from at least 30+ years ago. 

I have just purchased "battery of fearless men" via Historex agents in Dover as I always wanted to try this kit (excellent service by the way) just need to find the time to start it now back at work.

Already seen some excellent work on here and quite a few good tips ......may even get to IPMS at Telford this year too 

thanks 

Mel 

• Like 7

Welcome back.

Lockdown has also been responsible for my return after a few decades away from the Tamiya Extra Thin.

I've never been to the IPMS event in Telford before but need to check it out at some time... I dunno how this first post COVID event is shaping up compared to 'normal'.

Edited by Weedlesketch

19 minutes ago, Melsmith said:

with an old Airfix Spitfire (profile pic)

erm, that's a Mustang....

20 minutes ago, Melsmith said:

i dug out a box of Historex figures a personal favorite from at least 30+ years ago

Neat, we don't have a huge figure modelling section, but always interesting to see figure work.   I had a much closer look at the one Historex kit I have, bought 40 years ago.... I can now see why it puzzled me as I was used to Airfix Napoleonic's.. 

There is this Historex build ongoing, 

One of the few I have seen on here.  

Be great to see a work in progress on your recent purchase.  

cheers

T

2 hours ago, Melsmith said:

I have just purchased "battery of fearless men" via Historex agents in Dover as I always wanted to try this kit (excellent service by the way) just need to find the time to start it now back at work.

Already seen some excellent work on here and quite a few good tips ......may even get to IPMS at Telford this year too 

As @Troy Smith says, I have this set.
Heads Up: My own had a figure from another set, so check the figures included in yours - one should have a police bonnet, the others should all have bicorn hats; all should have crossed cannons for their pouches.

4 hours ago, Melsmith said:

I went to one many years ago but your right about post Covid, think you have to pre buy tickets on line this time so they can regulate numbers 

Have a gander here for the latest on Telford, and welcome to the forum.

5 hours ago, Melsmith said:

just need to find the time to start it now back at work.

Hello Mel … :post1: from across the pond in Chicago USA, Im mostly aircraft myself though dabble in many genre’s. I used to do a bit of wargaming (D&D and Battletech) many years ago. Still have over 500 miniatures in my travel case from that period. Maybe I should paint the last of them one of these days ? 

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2021 at 17:27, Robert Stuart said:

As @Troy Smith says, I have this set.
Heads Up: My own had a figure from another set, so check the figures included in yours - one should have a police bonnet, the others should all have bicorn hats; all should have crossed cannons for their pouches.

Hi Troy, 

I opened up the package yesterday with the intention to start planning and appear to have an issue with figure 2 this should be gunner with the port fife stick but has a Shako, bent legs as if seated, twisted torso and no igniting fuse it appears to be completely different

Lets hope i get the same response via Historex agents that you did 

6 hours ago, Melsmith said:

Hi Troy, 

I opened up the package yesterday with the intention to start planning and appear to have an issue with figure 2 this should be gunner with the port fife stick but has a Shako, bent legs as if seated, twisted torso and no igniting fuse it appears to be completely different

Lets hope i get the same response via Historex agents that you did 

Sounds your kit came from the same batch as mine - that was the figure that was wrong in my set.
I spoke to Historex Agents and they helped out ... work out the parts that you need replacing, and give them a call.

Hi Troy, probably was the same batch, I emailed Historex Agents yesterday, they called me a couple of hours later and we established the bits I needed. The postman has just delivered them 

Now that is customer service at its best well done Lee at Historex Agents top job 🙂 

• Like 1