Making Your Own Decals

Back in the Saddle

The tip of the 'Egypt' fin now has the decals applied:

egypt.jpg

And I have reprinted the decals for the 'South Africa' fin and applied those too, using the same techniques described earlier. This is the first decal going on - you can see how oversized it is now, which helps the application:

afr1.jpg

And finally a group photo showing all three fuselages:

trip.jpg

There are a few minor touch ups required, plus the obvious addition of wings, engines, etc.! However, the decal stage is done, which is what this thread was all about, so I'm calling this project done.👍

As soon as the models are finished I will post an RFI.🙂

Thanks for following along, hopefully you found something useful in my descriptions!

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

This trend is actually very interesting! At least for me. I have a big line with models and decals to do already, but I have some ideas on my mind for some future models and instead bothering some decal makers all the time I can start to do them myself. I have two models in mind for future projects. The 757 double be with United's Battleship Gray Livery and the Swissair Airbus A320 family. With UAL's idea I think it would be more difficut because it requires more Photoshop/Illustrator knowledge because of all the tiny curves and model shape. By other hand the Swissair A320 I have already the titles, coats of arms and logos sizes so I think it will be easier to manage to work and print! :D  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...