FC-1 first prototype N1 two tone camouflage color which?

Aardvark

Which blue color true on photo (from top to down!)?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which blue color true on photo (from top to down!)?

• N1
    • N2
    • N3
    • N4
    • N5
    • will they feed? :)

Hi, all!

Have two absolutely  identical photo FC-1 first prototype N01:

fc1-4.jpg

jf-17-thunder-066.jpg

But where is true blue color?

Also have other photos this FC-1 prototype 01:

jf-17-thunder-106.jpg

jf-17-thunder-074.jpg

Screenshot-20210507-221432.jpg

I marked the photo from one to five from top to bottom, you can vote for the blue color that you consider the most reliable.  You can indicate your shade, it will be very good if you give arguments in favor of your choice.

(Six question, traditional just for fun!😉😁)

In order to finally confuse everything!😁

1.For Photoshop fans who like to tweak the white balance.  Wing missiles will not work as a fulcrum!  Because they are not white:

jf-17-thunder-019.jpg

...oops! 

2. 50 shadow😁 Chinese blue:

unnamed.jpg

Link, because problem with copyright Airliners.net:

https://www.airliners.net/photo/China-Air-Force/Shenyang-J-6A/1196708

But look as difference one shadow blue depending on the lighting!

Decal interpretation:

1-decal-sheets-0.jpg

(FS34108???? Seriously??? Green???)

Portada-02.png

Cover.png

1354723278-33719.jpg

1354723278-91952.jpg

JL-9-t.jpg

images-2.jpg

images-1.jpg

Decal interpretation:

Screenshot-20210704-194907.jpg

Screenshot-20210704-194917.jpg

Also difference FS35095 or FS35183 as blue.

3. Most interesting moment!

Thanks to this, the topic:

Have close shadow blue colour Myanmar Air Force's JF-17, first prototype FC-1 and JL-9:

48574849676_1714d37b97_b.jpg

fc1-4.jpg

images-1.jpg

....but, other photo JL-9, first prototype FC-1:

JL-9-t.jpg

jf-17-thunder-066.jpg

Also have close blue shadow!

Why did I have this question?  The fact is that I actually have a model FC-1 from Trumpeter in 72nd scale ready for painting.

20210929-210321.jpg

I don't like the paint options out of the Trumpeter box, because I don't like mutants, where the plane bears a lot of insignia while being built in one country.

Of course my interesting this blue color in the interpretation of paints GS or Tamiya....🙄

The opinion

@Thant

would be very interesting  in this topic!

B.R.

Serge

P.S. scalemodels.ru user opinion was split in half on analogue topic.🤗

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 1

I have chosen number 3 as it looks to me nearest to the first prototype. Grainy photos tend to dull down the the original colour so that is why l have gone for number 3.

Regards

Robert

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

I have chosen number 3 as it looks to me nearest to the first prototype. Grainy photos tend to dull down the the original colour so that is why l have gone for number 3.

Regards

Robert

As I understand photo N3 it's Chinese post-card (!) I don't know how good mass printing was in China at that time ...

In general two interesting conclusions can be drawn.  The first one concerns guessing colors from black-and-white photos .... here in this topic, color photos, but nothing with color is clear!😁

The second is Trumpeter  absolute not very productive in terms of more coverage of the audience of modelers.

All they had to do was add the number 01, another logo of the AVIC corporation, print one instruction sheet and they could get two more color options!  All yellow in the primer and the two-tone camouflage option discussed here! By adding the inscription "Thunder" and the Chinese flag, it was possible to get a version of the layout and a version of the very first FС-1in yellow primer. In total, with a minimum cost of 6 options instead of the current 2!  But more interesting camouflages.

😭

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Serge,

After making some adjustments to the pictures I would say IMHO #3 is the closest one of the alternatives. Maybe a bit light side.

I don't think Chinese museum aircraft are very reliable what comes to their camouflage and markings. An Li-2 doesn't turn into a C-47 with Olive Drab(bish) camouflage and US insignias!

How did you like the kit? I have the JF-17 version of it and it looks in the box very promising, but I have not yet studied the accuracy. You have used at least etched (Dream Model?) exhaust?

Cheers,

AaCee

• Thanks 1