Zvezda 1/72 C-130H Hercules IDF/AF

Stephen

Beautifully done!  This is a really nice scheme for the C-130H!  One observation and NOT a criticism of your work: it looks like there's something funny going on with the first eyebrow window on each side of the cockpit in that the leading edge appears to taper too sharply.  Is that a kit feature?  Here's a photo of the real thing for comparison: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/Lockheed_C-130H_Hercules_(L-382)_(Karnaf)%2C_Israel_-_Air_Force_AN1324616.jpg/640px-Lockheed_C-130H_Hercules_(L-382)_(Karnaf)%2C_Israel_-_Air_Force_AN1324616.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Beautifully done!  This is a really nice scheme for the C-130H!  One observation and NOT a criticism of your work: it looks like there's something funny going on with the first eyebrow window on each side of the cockpit in that the leading edge appears to taper too sharply.  Is that a kit feature?  Here's a photo of the real thing for comparison: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/Lockheed_C-130H_Hercules_(L-382)_(Karnaf)%2C_Israel_-_Air_Force_AN1324616.jpg/640px-Lockheed_C-130H_Hercules_(L-382)_(Karnaf)%2C_Israel_-_Air_Force_AN1324616.jpg

I noticed the same thing.  I don't think it is the fault of Stephen, he did a masterful job.  He followed the framing provided in the kit.  I think it is a flaw of the Zvezda kit.  I looked at the C-130 built on FSM and the first eyebrow window has the same triangular shape.  First time I noticed it.  Nevertheless, it is one of the best IDF Hercules I've seen in 1/72.  

• Thanks 2