Necrons, alternate colour scheme.

As many of the W40K fans on here will already know, Hachette, a part works publisher, have just started their latest co-operation with GW. 

It's a simple enough deal, subscribers get regular deliveries of a magazine containing art, lore, rules and hobby essentials like paint, tools, glue etc.

And minis. Lots of minis. Two entire armies, with allies and supporting elements.

My pile of shame is already visible from low Earth orbit. The last thing I need is scores of additional toy soldiers...

...so of course I signed up for the full year's issues! :mental:

Just to make things even easier, my daughter suggested a custom, non-Dynastic scheme for the tomb dwellers. There really is no hope for me!

I dug a few test models out of the stash while I was waiting for my first issue. These are a sort of work in progress, some ideas I've got for the rest of the army. I'm not putting any more paint down on these chaps, but I'm getting close to what I want the army to look like. What do you think?

IMGP1200

IMGP1205

IMGP1206

IMGP1209

IMGP1211

IMGP1213

IMGP1214

IMGP1215

IMGP1216

IMGP1217

IMGP1218

Next up is a similar job on the space marines- I've grabbed a few from the stash, I'm going to try a couple of different styles and see which I prefer. They're my first 'Primaris' and the first smurfs I've painted in over a decade. That might be worth an actual 'work in progress'?

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Necrons. I think it's always great when people go with homebrew colour schemes rather than going with any of the dynasty/chapter/regiment/craftworld colour schemes specified by Games Workshop.

Though I won't be subscribing I've bought a few individual issues of Imperium and coincidentally today I finished painting the three Necron Warriors I got from one issue. As a fan of The Flaming Lips I was keen to paint up some pink robots:

51622419836_581d84257b_h.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Nice Necrons. I think it's always great when people go with homebrew colour schemes rather than going with any of the dynasty/chapter/regiment/craftworld colour schemes specified by Games Workshop.

Though I won't be subscribing I've bought a few individual issues of Imperium and coincidentally today I finished painting the three Necron Warriors I got from one issue. As a fan of The Flaming Lips I was keen to paint up some pink robots:

51622419836_581d84257b_h.jpg

I love those guys- 'goofy Necrons', maybe? :D

I like how you've done old broken skull, there. I'm painting mine as we speak, I think he's my fave. :nod:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Uncle Monty said:

These paint schemes are just wild. I really like the lurid ghoul-green effect on the guns.

That's a Citadel paint called Tesseract Glow. It's like a wash, you paint it over something like white or silver and it produces a bright luminous green effect. It does require an incredible amount of shaking/stirring before use though, it is very prone to separating.

Edited by ChrisL
Typo "night" -> "bright"
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrisL said:

That's a Citadel paint called Tesseract Glow. It's like a wash, you paint it over something like white or silver and it produces a night luminous green effect. It does require an incredible amount of shaking/stirring before use though, it is very prone to separating.

I might find a use for that, thanks @ChrisL

• Like 1