Best 1/72 F-15C/J kit

Andrewvft

On 27/09/2021 at 23:09, Robertone139 said:

Platz detail is good but the panel lines are quite heavily engraved.

GWH is nice, however the intake ducts are stumped and is lacking the details for a MSIP II configuration.

Not sure that's correct about the GWH kit. I don't think you can build it as anything other than an MSIP II jet without modifications. Hth, Ralph 

On 10/4/2021 at 10:31 AM, RobertF said:

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what needs to be done to backdate the GWH to an early F-15C'?

My suggestion is to use Hasegawa F-15C as a guide, if you want to make it more early to stand in the line between F-15A and F-15C you should at least use exhaust nozzle covers/petals/feathers whatever you spell them, you should also check the shape of the four antennas installed below the fuselage.

Two things that might escape you are probably the grill covering the lower exhaust in the middle of the fuselage after and the slime formation light on the right side, cause on MSIP it's divided in two blocks one square and a rectangular while on early C it was just a rectangular

Luigi

Thanks Luigi, that sounds like a fairly straightforward job.

I want to build this one as an F-15C of the 32 TFS "Wolfhounds" based at Soesterberg AB and AFAIK they first had first batch F-15Cs (FY77) which were later replaced with later batch aircraft

Robert

• Like 1

The 32nd TFS at Soesterberg first received FY77 F-15A/B's in 1978. These were replaced with C/D's from 1980 on.

From late 1991 these were traded in for A/B MSIP II's.

Cheers,

Andre