de Havilland DH-60G VH-UPV colours

DennisTheBear

Good <please select> morning/afternoon/evening/very very a.m fellow BMers.

As the title suggests I'm looking for info on colours for Maude Bonney's DH-60G.

If there is already a thread on this please point me in the right direction.

From the few available images I've seen I would say the wings and tail surfaces were silver. So what were the two fuselage colours and the cheatline, and registration?

Also does anyone know if any modifications were done for her flight to England in 1933?

Making this a future build as I now live not too far from Archerfield Airport. I have the old Frog 1/72 kit as a basis, and no I won't be buying a newer kit or aftermarket.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

DennisTheBear

• Like 1

@wallyinoz Thanks for that mate, it'll help enormously in getting things in order to start.

Building in the One True Scale makes some things easier and some things more difficult such as hairy stick painting the fuselage. That is going to take some thought as to masking.

On a related note while flying up to TSV I was thinking about why these earlier aviators were (and still are) lauded for their acheivments. While flying through severe weather was and is dangerous in small aircraft, that could not be the whole of it.

I'll put some more thoughts on this in this thread later as I need to attend to my daughter's rather more prosaic shoe addiction.😅

DennisTheBear (not sitting in a forest)

• Like 1

Hmm, I might (empasis on might) be able to do it myself.

Since I'm also planning on converting the old Airfix 1/72 Avro Anson to a civil converted airliner (Townsville and Country Airways, of which I've found a total of 2 photos with only 1 showing the company name on the aircraft) I would like them printed in one go.

Haven't tried designing before but I can take my time to either get there or realise I'm hopeless at it.

If I need help I'll let you know.

DennisTheBear

• Like 1