1/72 - C-29A / BAe 125-800 by Sword Models - box art + sprue

troschi

• troschi changed the title to 1/72 - C-29A / BAe 125-800 by Sword Models - box art + sprue
1 hour ago, stever219 said:

Please Mr. Sword, any danger of a state-of-the-art Dominic in 1/72th and 1/48th?

Possibly - here's a CAD image to be going on with...

spacer.png

[Auto-complete: an internet user's worst enema...(sic)]

Edited by XV107
  • Like 4
  • Haha 20

20 hours ago, XV107 said:

Possibly - here's a CAD image to be going on with...

spacer.png

[Auto-complete: an internet user's worst enema...(sic)]

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!  @#@£&&@#%&€$§_¥^<>§§€. AUTOINCORRECT,  AGAIN!!!!!!!.  

DOMINIE!  The name is DOMINIE!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

22 hours ago, stever219 said:

Please Mr. Sword, any danger of a state-of-the-art Dominic in 1/72th and 1/48th?

I would like to see a new Dominie from Sword as well, but which doesn't necessarily mean that Sword produces kits which are "state-of-the-art". Although I consider most of their releases as "pleasing" and good value for money, they remain certainly short run kits which require a lot of tender love and care. Nevertheless, a fictional new Sword Dominie would most likely have crispier detail than the chunky Airfix predecessor. 

3 hours ago, troschi said:

I would like to see a new Dominie from Sword as well, but which doesn't necessarily mean that Sword produces kits which are "state-of-the-art". Although I consider most of their releases as "pleasing" and good value for money, they remain certainly short run kits which require a lot of tender love and care. Nevertheless, a fictional new Sword Dominie would most likely have crispier detail than the chunky Airfix predecessor. 

Sword are well known for producing short run kits and most of us have developed the necessary skills and attitudes to cope with them.  Even though they are short run kits their surface detail ought to be better than the 50-plus-year-old Airfix kit; some of their other recent products suggest that it would be.

5 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Any ideas on how a "What If" RAF CC4 would be painted?  Low-viz?

Given the RAF's propensity to apply grey/gray paint to everything the scheme worn by the two BAe 146 C Mk.3s operated by 32 (The Royal) Squadron is probably a good starting point.

spacer.png 

think it might be an overall Camouflage Grey colour.

• Thanks 1

Tere is only one impotant question will the kit be equipped whith panting masks and foto etch plate? Past kits U-125 not allways were equipped  whith these besties of modeller. The launch of retails awated on the end of October. THe kit are C-29A/BAe-125/800 number is SW72141.

Image 54765752 645451 Image 3

This is awesome.  Now I can do a C-29A without converting and add it to my "Special Use" aircraft collection!!!  Thanks Sword!!!   Now how about a new Falcon 20 kit!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grayhawk said:

Now how about a new Falcon 20 kit!!!

Now THAT would be awesome too.  But I'm just thankful that they're doing this one--happy for whatever I can get, as it's an attractive machine.

As for @Gulliver's question about paint masks and photo-etch, I expect it will have both based on my experiences with the U-125.  Looks to me like the engine nacelles are the shorter ones, without thrust reversers.

• 2 weeks later...

Three for me!  It looks really nice.  I have the U-125, which I cannibalized to produce my -700.  This "clean" -800 is a definite improvement, because Sword has now included the high pressure turbine exhaust, which was sorely absent from their U-125 boxing.  It eliminates the need to use metal tube as a substitute.  It also looks like you can go either way on thrust reversers (either have 'em or not).

• Like 3

Wow, 

After much hesitating I failed to buy the original U-125A boxings. It for once was the right move because I may be more interested in the new boxing - Civilian Bae 125-800 for me 👏👏👍

This one I will buy... 

Eric B.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...