Hornby series on Yesterday

wombat

• 1 month later...

Planned to start on 11 October - first episode broadcast (again?) on 8/11. Airfix designer Paramjit tackles a new Spitfire in the first episode and next Monday night (15/11) the series focuses on the design of the new 72nd Mossie..channel 26 on Freeview. Also on UKTV Play on catch-up

On 11/8/2021 at 10:03 PM, FalkeEins said:

Planned to start on 11 October - first episode broadcast (again?) on 8/11. Airfix designer Paramjit tackles a new Spitfire in the first episode and next Monday night (15/11) the series focuses on the design of the new 72nd Mossie..channel 26 on Freeview. Also on UKTV Play on catch-up

They've started showing it on saturday,i've just watched the episode and tbh the series has lost me,15 min's about the Spit and the rest about trains why....They could easily keep kit development to an episode like the Spit and the Mossie and another for trains/Scalectrix but i might keep an eye out for a Corgi episode but seeing as though they make trains as well i think i know what to expect...

It does look good that Mossie.

Did anyone else notice that everyone in the Airfix design dept uses Tamiya cement ?

They turned all the labels the other way but it was plainly obvious.

Not a great endorsement for Humbrol product 😄

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mick b said:

Anybody notice the error in the latest episode from Adam Tooby when talking about his own artwork?

It is quite possible that Tooby was talking about a number of illustrations but it got mixed up in the edit. If so I can image he won't be best pleased!

Cheers

Colin

23 minutes ago, ckw said:

It is quite possible that Tooby was talking about a number of illustrations but it got mixed up in the edit. If so I can image he won't be best pleased!

Cheers

Colin

Hmm not convinced, as he was talking about Jackson VC and his Lanc which as far as I am aware he hasn’t portrayed in Airfix artwork, whilst pointing at Ward VC on the wing of his Wellington which he has?

Plus they seemed to be making a big deal out of the Vampire being split horizontally but I guess they are all too young to remember the Sea Vixen and Buccaneer produced by their own company 😂

Mike

Edited by mick b