For the King's Shilling: A Royal Aircraft Factory FE2b

Ok you can come clean with us.  You “photo shopped” the coin and your hand in the picture because that IS A REAL FE.2b!!!!!!  The level of detail and precision is incredible and this is one of the finest works of art on this website.  :worthy:

Mike

• Thanks 1

Right. Here I was expecting: "Oh, it's probably one of those nice big kits from Wingnut Wings. Dang, those wires would really drive me crazy. Great models though!"

And then; that shilling, 1/144. Scratchbuilt. Scrolling up and down in bewilderment.
This has to be one of the most impressive builds I've ever seen on the forum. Absolutely fantastic.

• Like 2

Well, it is absolute great.

I wonder about you! To get it done in this scale!

I did it in 32, it was a challenge. With all rigging and so on.

But in this scale?

I supose you have the abilities of a professional sniper.

Happy modelling

Beautiful build of my ‘also’ favorite a/c. Every since reading Arch Whitehouse’s books the Fee has been my top aircraft.  I’ve built the Aeroclub 1/48 version but a move destroyed it and I have another in the stash. I’ve thought about selling it but your 1/144 build has me completely rethinking it. 

• Like 1

I can only echo what the others have said....to scratch build this in 1/144 with museum quality boggles the mind...a masterpiece of modeling, for which you should be proud.You have to have a spider and a two-inch whip! :worthy:

Mike

On 26/09/2021 at 19:01, Chaotic Mike said:

So... 1/144 jewel vs. Airscale's Fury. I don't know how a judge would decide! 

Oh I'd love to do a Fury!  I still remember my Matchbox one so fondly and would not be able to go past those black and white chequer board markings.  

8 hours ago, cduckworth said:

Beautiful build of my ‘also’ favorite a/c. Every since reading Arch Whitehouse’s books the Fee has been my top aircraft.  I’ve built the Aeroclub 1/48 version but a move destroyed it and I have another in the stash. I’ve thought about selling it but your 1/144 build has me completely rethinking it. 

I've been after the Arch Whitehouse book for ages.  I'll take that as a good recommendation!  

Thank you so much for the kind words everybody!  After such a hard slog it is nice to see it so well received.  :)

• Like 1