Heller Peugeot 905 Lemans 1992

oldman

Peugeot 905 ev Lemans 1992 winner

This is my first Heller build and I chose a French sports prototype le mans winner . My first impression was good when inspecting the content of the box  and I went through the instruction manual to orientate myself  better .

The pros : You can keep the door hatches up and that is something I was looking forward to since most kits don’t give this option . The engine is quite complete but there are some cons I will mention below .The decals are good and set well . The wheels and tyres are well made . The fit off the engine , cockpit and mainframe chassis is good . You can open the front vents over the front wheels which I did .

The cons : The main body and engine cowling do not fit properly on the chassis and are slightly weak or not stiff enough . you have to glue them . If you are used to Tamiya fits then you are in for a deception . In one image you can see how the engine cowling fits out off the box before tempting some adjustment by heat or bending  . Absence of shock absorbers and fuel intake gaskets . I added them from reserves I had . Spartan dashboard with one RPM decal . The chassis is slightly warped and therefore you might have to use heat to straiten it up . There is no tow ring at the front . At the back its embedded in the rear wing bracket which is correct . Absence of seat belt decals . I added them . No lights , that is because they say it was a 6hr race where they save weight that the car represents in the kit but they could have added the option for the longer races in my opinion .

Colors : Pure white spray , aluminium , burnt iron , iron , semi gloss black . I added some red to the dashboard dials . clear orange , gold leaf , metallic grey . Flat black for the bucket seat and air filter .

Cables and pipes : There is no distributor nor plugs on the cylinder heads so I did not add the cables . I added the oil pipes from the pump to crank and a braided line to gear box only as per walk around . added electric cables in the cockpit to the Magneti marelli electronic stations and a pipe hose to the extinguisher .

scribbing

parts wip cockpit

engine no cowling finished on the shelf dashboard

2366 2364 2365

just wanted to share some DIY china cardboard background cheap diorama's .They cost 3 usd delivered and they have a wide range .

Edited by oldman
  • Like 18

Nice result. I've sometimes wondered about getting this kit but all negative reviews put me off. I guess it *is* possible to get a good result after all with effort. Congrats.

Super build! Having been to Le-Mans a couple of times I see the great looking cars that race there.