La-15 USSR

runik12

Good afternoon, colleagues!

Let me introduce to your court another vacushka from Aviastend La-15. My third such model in a row. It was assembled without any problems, the case was reinforced from the inside with a power frame made of plastic of various thicknesses. The shell itself, initially 0.6 mm thick, became even thinner after grinding and the frame gave the necessary rigidity. I used little putty, I spilled all the joints with cyanoacrylate. And it is applied easily and grinds well. I took the lantern on it, then I poured the joint with a glossy varnish from Tamiya. It was necessary to "wrap" the model abundantly with aluminum tape partly due to the very small thickness of the plastic after grinding. Well, it seems like a rivet (rolled on tape before applying), and an additional power frame at the same time. I fantasized a little with niches, landing gear racks, used the remnants of etching. The technique is a combined hodgepodge, I think you can't see it on the shelf anyway, but the model enlivens. I painted Valejio and Mr. Hobby as usual, stained them with art oil.

Enjoy watching it!
Sincerely, Mikhail

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Nicely done Mikhail. It looks like a particularly difficult kit to build, with so much scratch building. Masterful details in the cockpit and with riveting. Of course, the eggshell blue color scheme and subtle weathering brings your La-15 up to perfection!

Pyradus.

• 1 year later...