1/35 - Sikorsky CH-54A Tarhe by ICM - released

Homebee

59 minutes ago, HL-10 said:

It’s going to be BIG!😱

According to various sources on the old interwebby thing - it's 27mtrs long. Works out to (in 1/35) 771mm in length! or about 2.5 feet in old money! Bloody huge!

• Like 2

I can foresee a few Vietnam dioramas on the way.... an ICM Tarhe lifting a crashed ICM AH-1G out of the jungle, perchance?

Chris. 

PS: How many Dollar for the CH-54? I'm taking a complete guess  here.... between 100 and 150 Quids. As already stated, she's gonna be one big old bird. ICM should be commended for producing this kit. They make most model-makers look pretty darned un-imaginative.     

Couple of metres shorter than an early model Boeing 737 , rotor diameter about half a dozen or so less than the wingspan to put it in perspective.

Other than the company name and general tail rotor helicopter layout nothing much in common with the HH-3 which derived from the Sea King instead.

Obvious differences are the cockpit pod arrangements for the military CH-54 -v- civil S-64 plus a bit more engine and transmission etc. shielding on the latter , different undercarriage arrangements for the CH54 A/B and S-64E/F , S-64F+ has other differences including glass cockpit.

14 hours ago, Grayhawk said:

48th would be a better choice as would 72nd, but what do I know...

Why? 

I think it's a fantastic choice, it would also suit being posed with large scale armour and figures.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

Do we actually have an independent source to verify this story? It does seem somewhat implausible a subject/scale and strange that ICM don't seem to have released any news themselves...have they?

Jon

Only posting in topics on Russian modeling forums! 

Of course, if it’s a stupid joke, then it’s unsuccessful.  Nevertheless, the messages about Zvezda's new products are confirmed by entries on their page in the Russian social network Vkontakte. B.w. Zvezda announced the T-72M3 and  Maus in 72nd scale.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2

If true it'll be a very impressive kit indeed, though it's a pity ICM are shifting helicopter models away from 54mm — though understandable given the plethora of 1/35 wheeled and tracked militaria for dioramas. 

If it's just a red herring from the Moscow fake news machine I'll still be happy with the rumoured 1/32 Yak-9, and maybe a 1/48 new jet or two. 

tony 

• Like 1

I’m waiting for verification from ICM too Jon. It seems strange ICM will be releasing it in 35th just  after releasing the cobra and crew figures in 32 scale .

That said, maybe they realise the diorama potential for underslung loads with the sky crane.

Bruce 

• Like 1

Would be too expensive and too big! I live in a small apartment, not a Sports stadium. 1/48 would be plenty big enough.
Don't get me wrong I would love a 1/48 CH-54 and /or a MH-53 from them. But since this is ICM. I would much rather see them do the Mi-28, Ka-50/52, Mi-17 families in 1/48.

That KH had announced, (Except for the Mi-17) but shattered all my hopes and dreams! :weep:

On 9/25/2021 at 9:08 PM, Jon Bryon said:

Do we actually have an independent source to verify this story? It does seem somewhat implausible a subject/scale and strange that ICM don't seem to have released any news themselves...have they?

Jon

I've messaged ICM directly (FB Messenger) and they have responded and confirmed that they are planning a CH-54 in 1/35th scale.

Can't wait for this, nice dimensions, but at least as with the real thing, most of it is missing!🤣

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1