Yakovlev Yak-9 1/48 from Zvezda in 2022

Aardvark

7 hours ago, B_Bogus said:

I must confess to having done zero research, but what's the likelihood of this being available in the EU/UK anytime soon?

UK importer (Hobby Company) has confirmed that things are getting through via Austria and are not subject to sanctions at the current time. However this could change, I guess.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, foxbot said:

FD-48-073-01.jpg FD-48-073-02.jpg FD-48-073-03.jpg

And will be Part II. 

Thanks, Foxbot - will there be a Part II in 1/72, or only 1/48 because the decals are 50% bigger? I just received Part I from Hobby.dn.ua, and it looks great! I'd like to use some of the options from your decals on the 1/72 Yak-9D promised by Zvezda, but let's see if that kit ever reaches the west. I've still got 2 or 3 unbuilt Dakoplast ones...  :D

1 hour ago, foxbot said:

Just in case, I remind you that the Yak-9D model was released in 1/48 scale from Modelsvit last year. The decal contains five variants.

It will be interesting to see a comparison between the Modelsvit and Zvezda kits. I'm even tempted by the ICM 1/32 Yak-9, just because it's a Yak-9! :blush:

John

3 hours ago, John Thompson said:

will there be a Part II in 1/72, or only 1/48 because the decals are 50% bigger?

John

Part II will be only in 1/48. 

Decal for Yak-9D in 1/72 scale:

FD-72-060-01.jpg FD-72-060-02.jpg FD-72-060-03.jpg FD-72-060-04.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2022 at 2:40 PM, John Thompson said:

It will be interesting to see a comparison between the Modelsvit and Zvezda kits. I'm even tempted by the ICM 1/32 Yak-9, just because it's a Yak-9! :blush:

John

Kosachev Sergey (KSL) compared the two kits on scalemodels.ru two weeks ago, basically they are both good representations of the original with a slight nod to the Modelsvit due to uneven details on the Zvezda kit, similar to Su-25 kit.

• Thanks 2

Apparently (according to Models2U, where i have one on order) this one is with the UK Importer now, so you should start seeing them next week.

Also they mentioned that there will soon be a new duty tax on imports with a Russian origin of 35%, so prices likely to go up on future shipments

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/29/2022 at 3:44 AM, dragonlanceHR said:

Kosachev Sergey (KSL) compared the two kits on scalemodels.ru two weeks ago, basically they are both good representations of the original with a slight nod to the Modelsvit due to uneven details on the Zvezda kit, similar to Su-25 kit.

@KSL - I'm curious to know more - right now I'm working on the Modelsvit Yak-9DD, and I'm finding it a bit of a struggle just to get the fuselage halves assembled. I don't have the Zvezda kit, so I can't compare them myself. I have a feeling that the Zvezda would be an easier build, although the Zvezda kit is the Yak-9D, not the Yak-9T/DD/K/M that I really want; maybe Zvezda will release those versions later. Thanks in advance!

John

On 7/8/2022 at 6:32 AM, dragonlanceHR said:

Modelsvit also has a newish (2020?) -9D with different parts breakdown compared to their earlier -9DD/T/K. That is what KSL compared.

That would make sense, I guess - apples to apples. Instead of Honey Crisps to Granny Smiths, like I was doing. I have the Modelsvit Yak-9D; I'll have a look at it. Thanks!

John

• 4 months later...
On 9/25/2021 at 4:44 AM, Helmsman said:

I wouldn't be so sure many foreigners know that Russian "ka" suffix means size reduction whether it is gorilla or not (well, I guess some of them will read these posts and learn :) ). Neither I've heard "Let's go strike the <drink>". Is it google translate from Russian?

Yes,

Voda = water

Vodka = little water

• 3 weeks later...

As usual in New Year eve Begemot released decal - i this time - 48-049 Yakovlev Yak-9, 1-48 scale, 67 marking schemes for VVS RKKA, three full stencil sets in one decals.

http://begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=212

http://begemotdecals.ru/files/48-049 Yak-9.jpg

Similar decals in 1-72 scale will release in 2023, a little patience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, kotey said:

As usual in New Year eve Begemot released decal - i this time - 48-049 Yakovlev Yak-9, 1-48 scale, 67 marking schemes for VVS RKKA, three full stencil sets in one decals.

http://begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=212

http://begemotdecals.ru/files/48-049 Yak-9.jpg

Similar decals in 1-72 scale will release in 2023, a little patience.

That's good news - I'll be watching for those 1/72 decals!

John

• Like 1