Sukhoi Su-25 1/48 from Zvezda in 2022

Aardvark

The figures are very well detailed, but puzzling - one appears to be stomping frantically on a snake, one is either beseeching God or trying to pet a squirrel, and the third is carrying a keg of beer. Or maybe a stack of steamer baskets.

Otherwise, it's a remarkably nice kit. I'll be curious to follow this thread to see whether, and if so, how, it makes its way to the West.

John

• Haha 7

I like the 3 different sprue colours - reminds me of the classic Matchbox kits, interesting to see the tyres are fully rounded, on their Hercs in 1/72 they have weighted tyres, would have liked a tree of OFAB 100s and pilot figure without cancer (always irritates me when they leave a big hole in the back of pilot figure) but these are easily fixed. Rivets are a nice change remenbering they are easier to remove than add - will leave it to rivet counters on accuracy and exact number of rivets...

3 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

Very sad to say but I think the appearance of this kit is now very remote, given the world situation.

I have a hunch it'll still find its way into China and from there into the rest of the world.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bozothenutter said:

From the looks that PE detail set is by Microdesign.

I think that advert is showing the available aftermarket or what's being released rather than whats in the kit, although I might be wrong. The markings on the decal sheet don't appear on the pre release decal options.

7 hours ago, Muzz said:

I think that advert is showing the available aftermarket or what's being released rather than whats in the kit, although I might be wrong. The markings on the decal sheet don't appear on the pre release decal options.

This complect will be only for clients, who made pre-sale order in Russian  Arma model shop, its only for Russian market. Additional decal printed at printer, not silcscreen technology.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, kotey said:

This complect will be only for clients, who made pre-sale order in Russian  Arma model shop, its only for Russian market. Additional decal printed at printer, not silcscreen technology.

This one is from another Russian store (i-modelist). I already bought from them maany times.

• Like 1

In the future, as the Russian marketplace is and will be blocked for a long time for commercial transactions with Europe and almost the rest of world, I believe that some Russian products will be available only through the Chinese market, or some products produced under Chinese label... The best solution for all, will be of course, the end of this war !

• Like 9

On 3/6/2022 at 3:41 PM, John Thompson said:

The figures are very well detailed, but puzzling - one appears to be stomping frantically on a snake, one is either beseeching God or trying to pet a squirrel, and the third is carrying a keg of beer. Or maybe a stack of steamer baskets.

Intended humour of some sort I imagine but if not , one with one foot on a ladder/box/etc. while leaning against some part of the airframe , one talking to pilot or some other groundcrew in the cockpit/on top of the airframe and one carrying what is very obviously a typical Russian style braking parachute pack.

According to a just done tel-chat with the importer for Europe (West) in Graz/AT the Frogfoots are on their way and should arrive within the next two weeks. At the moment deliveries are not affected. Anyway, an alternate solution will/would be mn-modelar.

I've had to hide some posts and issue a warning due to a member bringing politics into it.  We know that it's a horrible situation, but to bring it into every topic that's related to any of the countries or manufacturers from the countries involved is just too much.  Go and check out our official statement on the situation here, and try to understand our position, which is a difficult one. :fraidnot:

Keep to the topic, and don't wander.  We don't want to issue any more warnings, but it won't stop us if they're deserved :shrug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I've been waiting a new tooled Su-25 for ages, but I'm in a moral dilemma in regards to getting the kit and the country of manufacture. I know there might now be foreseeable distribution issues as a result.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I've had to hide some posts and issue a warning due to a member bringing politics into it.  We know that it's a horrible situation, but to bring it into every topic that's related to any of the countries or manufacturers from the countries involved is just too much.  Go and check out our official statement on the situation here, and try to understand our position, which is a difficult one. :fraidnot:

Keep to the topic, and don't wander.  We don't want to issue any more warnings, but it won't stop us if they're deserved :shrug:

I don't envy your job here Mike, its a very difficult situation. Anyone that builds replica military aircraft kits will have know that the items in the past were used for war. We build spitfires, ME-109 we build Tiger tanks and Sherman tanks. All subjects of warfare that were used in the past. I think to a degree we all become a little immune to historical subjects in regards to this.

I'm in moral dilemma myself, Zvezda make some great kits and I've been crying out for a Su-25 new tooling for ages. 

• Like 2

I have had no problem ordering directly from China (particularly Lucky Model but there are other good choices too), which do not have restrictions on Russian goods.  We might even see some go on sale.  I just received their Su-57 last week.

10 hours ago, janneman36 said:

There is a delivery of Frogfoots coming to Europe!!

Preorder available….get it while it lasts!

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/sukhou-su25-frogfoot-one-shipment-coming-in-zvezda-4807-vliegtuig-modelbouw/product/?action=prodinfo&art=185858

cheers, Jan

I put my email address in for a notification when they arrive. I’m not holding my breath that they will though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scooby said:

I put my email address in for a notification when they arrive. I’m not holding my breath that they will though.

The kits are to be delivered in Holland next week according to the Dutch distributor Model Engineering. They came in through Austria. So this shipment is fairly secure and the prices will still be normal, not inflated due to the gremlins military madness causing imports most probably coming to a halt.  

• Like 1