Sukhoi Su-25 1/48 from Zvezda in 2022

Aardvark

While the @Homebee sleeps, I'll crack his news!😉👿

On Moscow "МИР ДЕТСТВА 2021" ( WORLD CHILDHOOD 2021)

expo ,  has announced a 1/48nd  of Sukhoi Su-25 from Zvezda in 2022.

Greetings in Frogfoot world!

B.R.

Serge

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Homebee said:

Zvezda's Su-25 project chief designer is reported to be the same as for the Su-57 kit. Furthermore rumour has it that Great Wall Hobby (GWH) has also a Frogfoot in the pipe line. So wait and see.

V.P.

If its Pe-2 quality with all the recessed and positive surface detail than outstanding, if its toylike like Su-57 and Mi-24 than it will be another missed opportunity for both Zvezda and potential buyers hoping to get ultimate Frogfoot for fair price.

9 hours ago, Homebee said:

Zvezda's Su-25 project chief designer is reported to be the same as for the Su-57 kit. Furthermore rumour has it that Great Wall Hobby (GWH) has also a Frogfoot in the pipe line. So wait and see.

V.P.

That GWH shtick is ancient - they can forget about it if Zvezda arrives first, and probably 50% cheaper.

Information about a model with GWH appeared in 2018, but no sources were cited anywhere. In the end it turned out to be just a rumour, most likely resulting from someone confusing GWH with Kitty Hawk, and we already have a thread about that KH announcement.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235036710-148-sukhoi-su-25k-frogfoot-su-25ub-utg-frogfoot-b-by-kitty-hawk-3d-renderstest-modelbox-artschemes/

• Like 1

To put it together (Zvezda and ICM wise):

We will get a long awaited new 48th Su-25

A major step into decent 32nd Soviet fighters is done

We await an answer to the question why there is a change from 32nd to 35th with helis

expectations:

There is (still) hope for a scale up (to 48th) of the MiG-23/27 family

There is hope for a decent and correct surface structure with the Su-25 (correct rivet representation, not plain nor bullet holes)

There is still strong desire and demand for a 48th Mi-8/17 (also with correct representation of the skin!)

Edited by ABeck
edit mistake
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

@Aardvark so, Serge, any links, advertisements, screenshots yet?

Aardvark without* links?🤔

You think badly of me!

( from posting  Graf_Fridrih on 18 page and  further)

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83362&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=340

But what will it give You, everything is in Russian?🤗

B.w. ICM announced yet 1/24 Ford-А/GAZ-А truck.

*-no, of course there are times when I witnessed some events about which there is nothing on the Internet, and there are no documents ... but then I write about it and say: "You can believe me or not, this is your right." 

But what was posted here by me on the news Zvezda and ICM is not the case!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Aardvark without* links?🤔

You think badly of me!

( from posting  Graf_Fridrih on 18 page and  further)

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83362&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=340

But what will it give You, everything is in Russian?🤗

Spasiba. I can hold my own in any kvas drinking contest 🙂

edit: and I lurk on scalemodels.ru forums every week, and I missed that

Edited by dragonlanceHR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Doesn't seem as much interest in this as I was expecting, Zvezda have mentioned on their FB page that this kit will be released soon, so hopefully early 2022!

On 9/24/2021 at 4:40 PM, Thomas V. said:

If its Pe-2 quality with all the recessed and positive surface detail than outstanding, if its toylike like Su-57 and Mi-24 than it will be another missed opportunity for both Zvezda and potential buyers hoping to get ultimate Frogfoot for fair price.

My thoughts exactly. Not binning my Eduard/KP rebox just yet...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B_Bogus said:

My thoughts exactly. Not binning my Eduard/KP rebox just yet...

Even if they go the route of simplified  tooling, it will without doubt be the best 48th Frogfoot yet, and no doubt very accurate.

As a failsafe measure while Trumpeter/HB is still in its hibernation waiting for government subsidies to find their way, as with Mi-24,  maybe with Zvezda's release they will find incentive to downscale their 32nd '25....

• Sad 1

I really believe the Su-25 will be better than the OEZ (and everyone else) kit that has been the only one in 1/48 until now (and which I actually built, believe it or not. No, I don't have photos.). That said, I was not pleased with Zvezda's 1/72 "Rook" from back in 1997, so I hope they started with a clean sheet of paper for the 1/48 version.

John

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

I hope they started with a clean sheet of paper for the 1/48 version.

The 1/72 scale kit was designed a quarter of a century ago, probably still without the use of a computer. Also, contrary to popular belief, a designer cannot enlarge scale of the model by simply moving a slider in a CAD program. And most importantly - today access to the Su-25 is incomparably better than it was in the mid-1990s when they designed the previous model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

I really believe the Su-25 will be better than the OEZ (and everyone else) kit that has been the only one in 1/48 until now (and which I actually built, believe it or not. No, I don't have photos.). That said, I was not pleased with Zvezda's 1/72 "Rook" from back in 1997, so I hope they started with a clean sheet of paper for the 1/48 version.

John

Totally new design, not linked to any older model, part of the Frogfoot family, Su-25,Su-25K will be out of the this box, SM iterations coming later, UB/UBK too, when I don't know

• Thanks 1