Porsche 935K3

RL930

My first RFI post here after enjoying the work of others since last winter.. 

This is the Nunu Porsche 935 K3 along with the resin fender kit from Classic Racing Resins for chassis number 13, and the Indycal decals for the Coke sponsored Bob Akin team as driven at the 1981 Le Mans race.  The car did not finish the race, but I've always liked the Coke livery so decided to build it to go along with my other mostly OOB Porsche race cars.  

The Nunu kit is a rebox of the Beemax kit, and it went together very well - on a par with pretty much anything car kits I've built from Tamiya, Fujimi, etc..  I also used the Nunu PE kit.  Only fit issues I had were the PE protective mesh for the front mounted oil cooler which I couldn't get to look quite right, and strangely the steering rack was slightly too long giving the front wheels too much toe-in so I left it out rather than try and correct it.  Paint is Tamiya rattlecan pure red (TS-86), polished with Novus, and then clear coated with Johnsons Pledge floor polish over the decals.

I'm pretty pleased with the results but am always open to constructive feedback, and I proactively acknowledge that my photography needs some improvement for the next RFI.

p?i=10d77c3d138ae2c0799e6c1feeea8ba6

p?i=a24e3b9667d0208551d234903e3f3fa3

p?i=4d1dcc85bd244a546557c82ff5438ff2

p?i=7ca5b3f068d517e4e51f848f6f06d450

p?i=2b20405606de2d7061dcb10d18472b6a

p?i=ea0364dcc57de250b5fa96d174f010a5

p?i=03ebba3af5fc4a4059f27234f76c6384

Edited by RL930
Embed photos
  • Like 10

That's a really nice result,I love these Porsche's and have made a lot of 1/43 ones.its great to see a 935 in 1/24 that's not just a Martini one,there are so many variations on this car. Nu Nu or Beemax promised us a Pink Pig Le Mans GT car from Le Mans 2018. I'm still waiting! Can you put your pictures on for us all to see? Chris.

8 hours ago, JeroenS said:

That's a real nice build and welcome to the forums! Maybe you could embed some pics in your post next time, people generally appreciate that. 

Hi Jeroen - thank you!  Yes I've been trying to get them embedded but haven't had success yet, hopefully I'll get it figured out soon.

22 minutes ago, RL930 said:

Hi Jeroen - thank you!  Yes I've been trying to get them embedded but haven't had success yet, hopefully I'll get it figured out soon.

I think the trick when using Imgur is to right-click on the image, then select "Copy image address", then paste into your post. It should then embed the picture. 

M678bxQ.jpeg

Thanks for the tip - I switched to HobbyPhotoHost and managed to embed them but will try that with Imgur.

Next time I will use a proper camera for the photos instead of my phone as the quality isn't great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RL930 said:

Thanks for the tip - I switched to HobbyPhotoHost and managed to embed them but will try that with Imgur.

Ah indeed, I see them now. That's fine!