1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23/-27 "Flogger" family by ICM - MiG-23ML release in ?

Homebee

This is great news, especially if they're up to the standard of their excellent MiG-25 that I'm currently working on, which I'm sure they will be 😎

18 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Kits that might duplicate the similar and future Modelsvit Floggers - link 

V.P.

On the link, it's no Modelsvit! 😉

But on the link, it's other technologie mold than ICM work, besides, I already said everything in that topic.

B.R.

Serge

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Kits that might duplicate the similar and future Modelsvit Floggers - link 

V.P.

Are you thinking of Clear Prop or Modelsvit - the link is for a Clear Prop planned release?

Regardless, I am happy to see an extended family of MiG 23/27s from ICM, they will have to make some clever designing to get all the variants. 

• Thanks 1

Hmm, interesting. I'm very much interested in this kit, but I'll wait for the Clear Prop for comparison. 

12 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

Great News! Been looking for a KP kit. They are hard to find and expensive! 

You want to steer clear of this kit. Ask me how I know.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23/-27 "Flogger" family by ICM - from 2022

This is fantastic news ! A family of good, modern, mainstream 1/72 MiG-23/27 is needed and very welcome. The RV/KP kits are not always easily available and are tricky builds, the Zvezda kits are far from good or modern and the Hasegawa/Academy kits are seriously inaccurate. I don't doubt that if Clear Prop keep working on their announced kit it will be fantastic, but I'm also pretty sure that the ICM kits will be more affordable and likely more available. Hopefully this will be followed by a number of decal sheets for the many "exotic" users of the type

• Like 2

I believe also that these Mig-23 kits will be very accurate as ICM has released a better 1/72 Polikarpov Po-02 in the past although the first issue was not bad at all.  If only Chinese manufacturers could follow this example of accuracy quest !

Edited by Violet Club
  • Like 2