1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23/-27 "Flogger" family by ICM - MiG-23ML release in ?

Homebee

2 hours ago, LN-KEH said:

Back to the MiG 23/27 family; it is really large and diverse - even more than the MiG 25s.

Exactly! 

1 hour ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Yep. I wanted one or maybe two MiG-25s, ended with four. I only want MiG-23MF, MiG-23UB and MiG-27K, but how many I end up with I prefer not to think about.

I thought the same. Now I have four, too.

I "need" MF, BN and UB.

But there are already so many nice Czech special markings ... that will not be cheap.

Aftermarket like Reskit will do its job for sure.

But I hope ICM will publish more decal variants compared to the -25 kits with repeating russian and lybian markings.

• Like 1

As for my, in my collection the direction of evolution is important:

m02.gif

What do we see in the diagram?  The end point as the pinnacle of the evolution of the MiG-23MLD as a dog fight fighter and the MiG-23P as an interceptor, as start - MiG-23S. So, all what my need it's MiG-23S, MiG-23MLD and something in between MiG-23MF or MiG-23MS or MiG-23M. This is enough to show the minimum evolution of the MiG-23, as for my.

For fighter-bomber model enough MiG-23BN and MiG-27K.

This minimum.

At maximum, with projects...I don't know were end! Wing 1st edition, wing 2nd edition, wing 3rd edition, naval version projects, two engine project version e.t.c, e.t.c.

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

6 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

with repeating russian and lybian markings.

But one markings will most likely not be there....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 30/09/2021 at 03:09, LN-KEH said:

Back to the MiG 23/27 family; it is really large and diverse -

Yes, I cant understand why we were discussing the MiG-25 in a thread on the 23.

Despite many requests to keep things on topic in the Rumor section people are still not doing this.....

3 hours ago, Borisz said:

Alright little know it all, name the air to air weapons of these variants

• MiG-23BN - UPK-23-250 gun pods, R-3S (AA-2A "Atoll"), R-13M (AA-2C "Advanced Atoll")
  • MiG-27 - UPK-23-250 gun pods, SPPU-22-01 gun pods, R-3S (AA-2A "Atoll"), R-13M (AA-2C "Advanced Atoll")
  • MiG-27K - UPK-23-250 gun pods, SPPU-22-01 gun pods, R-3S (AA-2A "Atoll"), R-13M (AA-2C "Advanced Atoll"), R-60M (AA-8 "Aphid")

3 hours ago, Borisz said:

and their radars.

Soviet doctrine during the Cold War did not require the pilot to search for the target himself using on-board radar.  The pilot (from both FA and PVO regiments) was guided to the target by Ground Controlled Intercept system operators - sometimes by voice commands, sometimes in the semi-automatic regime (until visual detection of the target), sometimes in the automatic regime - the system could guide to the target, engage, launch the missiles, exit from the attack, return to base.

This way of training was cheaper and faster, but it did not give the pilots the autonomy that NATO pilots had. On the other hand, with the vast areas of the USSR and some problems with fighter aircraft detecting low-flying targets, this training logic made a lot of sense.

Long story short: asking about the type of on-board radar has little sense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aardvark said:

By the way, on the Soviet-Chinese border, in some regiments, MiG-27 armed R-60s performed air defense functions, and for Kazakhstani MiG-27s, this is one of the additional tasks.

Even in recent years, it sometimes happens that a country with much better fighters, for one reason or another, puts up older aircraft, such as the Su-22M4, as a standby fighter pair.

Anyhow. How about those ICM Floggers, eh?

I'm hoping for at least MF, MLD, UB. BN and MiG-27D, M & K variants. A MS would be nice and offer a lot of Middle Eastern options, but that could be made with filling and rescribing an MF nose.

Weaponswise I'd like R-23 /24's, R3/-13's, R-60's and some unguided bombs and rocket pods, with Kh-23/25/27/29's, KAB-500L/KR and MER's for the strike variants. Please. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

9 minutes ago, Hook said:

A MS would be nice and offer a lot of Middle Eastern options, but that could be made with filling and rescribing an MF nose.

I understand the nose on the MS was a different, more tapered outline, as well as having the shorter radome.

The RV kit of the MS provided the nose separately in resin, and the shape is different from the standard kit.

Jonathan.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stilwell said:

I understand the nose on the MS was a different, more tapered outline, as well as having the shorter radome.

The RV kit of the MS provided the nose separately in resin, and the shape is different from the standard kit.

I must confess with the Mk.1 Eyeball I do not see a huge shape difference between the resin MS nose and the standard radome in my RV MS. 

Cheers,

Andre

3 hours ago, Hook said:

I'm hoping for at least MF, MLD, UB. BN and MiG-27D, M & K variants. A MS would be nice and offer a lot of Middle Eastern options, but that could be made with filling and rescribing an MF nose.

Weaponswise I'd like R-23 /24's, R3/-13's, R-60's and some unguided bombs and rocket pods, with Kh-23/25/27/29's, KAB-500L/KR and MER's for the strike variants. Please. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

I'm with you, Andre. So, talking about the thread subject, I will be happy with a -23MLAE-2 and an MF ;)

Martin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

I will be happy with a -23MLAE-2

Wasn't that variant used only by the Bulgarians? If so, it might offer limited appeal to ICM. 

Cheers,

Andre

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Libyans :)

You're right!, I was confusing my MiG-23MLAE-2 izdeliye 23-22B's with my MiG-23MLAE-2 izdeliye 23-22A's, as per the Bulgarian examples.

( And people think Bf 109 versions are a minefield... ;) ).

The Libyan 23-22B ones lack the vortex generating pitot strakes and wing glove notches of the 23-22A, so externally they should resemble the MLA (anyone getting a headache now is excused).

Cheers,

Andtr

• Haha 2

On 10/4/2021 at 11:45 AM, Hook said:

I wouldn't count too much on rarer versions, as well as a large amount of armament on sprues.

Edited by Piotr Mikolajski
Added quote

15 hours ago, Modelraynz said:

Wonder if they will have the parts for a Mig-23MLG(23-57) 😁

This example has no shortage of markings!

Red-54-Mi-G-23-MLG-03.jpg

Hmm, think that one might need a few grams more lead in the nose 😁

Edited by -Ian-
  • Haha 5

• 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23/-27 "Flogger" family by ICM - MiG-23ML release Q4 2022
  • 11 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23/-27 "Flogger" family by ICM - MiG-23ML release in ?