New 1/72nd Airfix Mosquito, converted to a B.35 (and a PR.XVI!) with the help of Freightdog Models ***FINISHED****

tonyot

58 minutes ago, John Masters said:

First rate for sure!

Thanks John. 

28 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Tony these look absolutely splendid fella, you have three lovely Moddie Models.  Congratulations on a superb result. Great work fella.

Chris

Cheers Chris. 

• Like 1

Great stuff Tony!     👍  👍  👍

The new Airfix kit looks like a keeper to me, what with all of the huffing about it. Your renditions are beautiful - the SEAC PR.XVI is my fave of the lot. But - you've made me realise that I don't have a Mossie in the display case. How can this be? I have the old Hasegawa FB Mk. VI in the loft somewhere...best to get that on the list for next year, or the next virus variant, whichever comes first.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Beard said:

All three look splendid. I can only hope that when I get my paws on the Airfix kit I can do it half as well.

See, that's the problem, when I buy and build one, I will only do it half as well! Excellent job on the Mossies, Tony! I did get my hand on the Freightdog set and Colin has done his usual outstanding job - now, I really do need to go out and buy the Airfix Mosquito (and yes, I do often buy AM parts before I actually buy a kit - the parts are cheaper, usually).

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Great stuff Tony!     👍  👍  👍

The new Airfix kit looks like a keeper to me, what with all of the huffing about it. Your renditions are beautiful - the SEAC PR.XVI is my fave of the lot. But - you've made me realise that I don't have a Mossie in the display case. How can this be? I have the old Hasegawa FB Mk. VI in the loft somewhere...best to get that on the list for next year, or the next virus variant, whichever comes first.

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill,..... yeah it is a nice kit despite the poorly researched bomb bay area,..... and easy to fix. I`ve always fancied doing that SEAC Mossie and wanted to do it in 1/48th a few years ago but couldn`t find a kit with the right decals. I`ll look forward to a Mossie receiving the Bill treatment,..... the Fleet Air Arm flew quite a few if that is still your `thing' mate. 

20 hours ago, Beard said:

All three look splendid. I can only hope that when I get my paws on the Airfix kit I can do it half as well.

Cheers mate and I`m sure you`ll do a wonderful job,..... you`ll enjoy it too. 

19 hours ago, Learstang said:

See, that's the problem, when I buy and build one, I will only do it half as well! Excellent job on the Mossies, Tony! I did get my hand on the Freightdog set and Colin has done his usual outstanding job - now, I really do need to go out and buy the Airfix Mosquito (and yes, I do often buy AM parts before I actually buy a kit - the parts are cheaper, usually).

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason but I`m sure yours will look excellent mate,.... don`t put yourself down.  I also buy aftermarket parts before a kit too,.... so join the club!

15 hours ago, mark.au said:

Result = 3(Bravo!)

Cheers Mark. 

5 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Great result Tony, congratulations.

Colin

Cheers Colin,...... glad you like them mate.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was never happy with the canopy of the B.35,..... especially after it was kindly pointed out (thanks Edge,..... I do ppreciate that mate) that,.... like I dope,.... I used the wrong canopy,..... ie the one with the roof bubble, as the B.35 had a flat roof,....... so I re did it,...... this time I sanded off the over large frame lines on the rear section and added some internal framing using a piece of painted stretched sprue!

DSCF2495.jpg

DSCF2527-NEW.jpg

DSCF2494-NEW.jpg

DSCF2500-NEW.jpg

You get the gist!! 

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 10

10 hours ago, David H said:

It inspired me to do a 48th scale Mossie with the Freightdog conversion. stay tuned...

-d-

Brilliant,..... I look forward to seeing it mate.

7 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Good to see this again and great job on the Canopy replacement. Looks awesome Tony.

Chris

Cheers Chris,..... glad I did it,... I`m much happier with it now. I should replaced the canopy on the PR.XVI now really.  

• Like 1