Suggestions for small aftermarket parts organising and storage

Jered

Hello all,

I am struggling to think of a neat solution to storing the small packets of aftermarket parts - i.e. micro turned metal parts, detailing wires, microscopic 3D printed or cast things. My current stash is in their original bags in laid flat in a tin, but I don't really like this as it means needing to dig through several things before finding (or not finding) the part I'm after. I want to avoid having everything on a peg-board: as nice as this would be, my modelling space is in mine and my partner's home office room and we're both conscious of not cluttering the other's space.  My best find yet is cigarette card/coin collector's protective sleeves which are punched to go in ring binders as everything can be nearly put away on the bookcase plus it means not needing to take off the technical drawings which are attached to the packets. Which would be a drawback to using a small parts organiser tray in my opinion.

spacer.png

I was wondering if anyone had any better ideas before ordering some of these sleeves?

Cheers,

Jered

Pillboxes, not the concrete ones, from chemists and poundshops for organising seven day medications, for tiny bits these organisers usually have five or six individual closeable compartments per day times seven days.

• Like 2