Folding modelling table - any suggestions?

Neil.C

I'm looking for a folding table, not too large, that would be OK for doing a spot of modelling on.

Something fairly sturdy that I would be able to fold away when not wanted.

Any suggestions?

I have an old folding card table which I use for taking pics of my completed stuff. It is about 2 feet square with a baize top (that green fabric on snooker tables) and spends most of its life hidden behind an open door. Like most things it's possible to spend silly money but my wife got it at an auction for pennies. They must be available secondhand but I haven't looked.

Mark

• Like 3

Guess the solution depends how often you need to put it away.

I have a semi-permanent set up in my spare room using a couple of IKEA trestles and a work surface, they come in various sizes. Gives me a solid work area but the ability to break it down when I need to turn the spare room back to a bedroom.

Before I settled on this solution I tried some folding camping stables, the main issue I found is they were not quite big enough. (I am a messy modeller)

• Like 2

Thanks for your varied suggestions Gents.

I've had a look around and ordered a foldaway camping table from Amazon at £21.99 including postage which should hopefully do the trick.

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I've been using a small folding card table my entire modelling life and have been wanting to find the "right" fold up desk for ages.

Is a camping table sturdy enough for modelling uses? Looks like it might be a tad wobbly to me.

• Like 1

I have used a card table as well. As long as it is steady; it should be fine. I now have the old dining table as my workspace for modelling. The card table is folded and stored next to the furnace.

On 23/09/2021 at 16:41, Neil.C said:

Thanks for your varied suggestions Gents.

I've had a look around and ordered a foldaway camping table from Amazon at £21.99 including postage which should hopefully do the trick.

spacer.png

Picked up similar @ Lidl earlier in the year as a decorators table pack of 3 for £40 with adjustable height legs.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2021 at 13:24, Gordon J said:

I've been using a small folding card table my entire modelling life and have been wanting to find the "right" fold up desk for ages.

Is a camping table sturdy enough for modelling uses? Looks like it might be a tad wobbly to me.

My one (pictured earlier) has been absolutely fine, not wobbly at all.  I would recommend it.

• Thanks 1