Czech mates - 38(t) STGB Chat

Marklo

Hi Marklo. Please sign me up for this possible STGB. I've been impressed by this tank for a while and have made a couple. This was my most recent:

51888890093_01e5c8beb5_b.jpg

51887854607_23fbb6a6c3_b.jpg

51889150854_c03498aaa7_b.jpg

I have a few possible candidates in the stash.

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to The Czech is In the post - LT35, Panzer 35(t) & 38(t) and derivatives. Now unlucky for some - Let’s get this one into 2023!
1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Actually, the Czech is the pre- as in prior to the panzer numbering, but whatever grabs attention is fair in this long game.

Well it was my first attempt at a convoluted pun based on the word Czech, all suggestions welcome,

11 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Well it was my first attempt at a convoluted pun based on the word Czech, all suggestions welcome,

I was only teasing. 'Post' works well in the sense of the posts we make here

May I suggest getting your page count up. That seems to attract a lot of attention. We should look for inspirational pics of the tank in action maybe?

• Marklo changed the title to The Czech is In the post - LT35, Panzer 35(t) & 38(t) and derivatives. Now unlucky for some - at 14 and counting down Let’s get this one into 2023!

Here's a link to the new Bronco LT 35 advertised in Modelling News. In the CAD drawings it looks fabulous and there are a lot of in-service photographs there too. I'm dead excited now!

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2016/11/bronco-are-supporting-axis-preview.html

• Marklo changed the title to Czech mates - LT35, Panzer 35(t) & 38(t) and derivatives - at 14 and counting down Let’s get this one into 2023!
On 12/16/2021 at 4:25 PM, Marklo said:

I’d say yes as it’s a derived chassis.

So does that mean the Swedish, Swiss, Romanian, and any other foreign built derivatives are allowed?  

Edited by Rob S

3 hours ago, Rob S said:

So does that mean the Swedish, Swiss, Romanian, and any other foreign built derivatives are allowed?

I can’t see why not the two Skoda chassis are the linking theme of the GB proposal. The more varied the better.

31 minutes ago, Marklo said:

I can’t see why not the two Skoda chassis are the linking theme of the GB proposal. The more varied the better.

Fantastic.  It would be great to see someone model one of these Pansarbandvagn 301 APCs :

800px-Pansarbandvagn_301_Revinge_2019-2.

Edited by Rob S
  • Like 2

Sweden also produced several assault/tank destroyers based on the 38(t) chassis, shame none of them have been released in plastic.

54317787ecde28be0f303e0d339bd7af.jpg

zn3qbwwznno11.jpg?width=2217&format=pjpg

Stormartillerivagn_m43_Str%C3%A4ngn%C3%A

Post-war they even designed a modernized version of the 38(t) with sloping armour, a large scale model was built be it was canceled in favor or newer & larger tanks.

UX7Bc56.jpg

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 3

• Marklo changed the title to Czech mates - LT35, Panzer 35(t) & 38(t) and derivatives - at 14, 2023 needs some armour!

C'mon guys this is a rich vein of AFV goodness and would be such a good GB,  if we can do forty shades of olive drab( I'm referring to the M3/M4GB) surely we can get this one past the post!!!! 

C'mon guys this is a rich vein of AFV goodness and would be such a good GB,  if we can do forty shades of olive drab( I'm referring to the M3/M4GB) surely we can get this one past the post!!!! 

• Marklo changed the title to Czech mates - LT35, Panzer 35(t) & 38(t) and derivatives -halfway there at 15, 2023 needs some armour!

Thank ye kindly young sir 🙂 - Apart from modified 1/16 Hetzer tracks/sprockets/idlers and stuff like clasps , Masterclub fasteners , Noteks  and wire cutters  it's old school scratchbuilt .

I don't have a lot of W.I.P. pic's anymore , but maybe I. can find enough to do a synopsis build sometime .

Anyhoo , I have a PANDA  38t kit somewheres - So I can feel another SPG  is brewing  . . . 

B.

• Like 1

• Marklo changed the title to Czech mates - LT35, Panzer 35(t) & 38(t) and derivatives -more than halfway there at 16, 2023 needs some armour!
  • Marklo changed the title to Czech mates - LT35, Panzer 35(t) & 38(t) and derivatives -more than halfway there at 17, 2023 needs some armour!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Czech mates - LT35, Panzer 35(t) & 38(t) and derivatives -more than halfway there at 18, 2023 needs some armour!
  • 1 month later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Czech mates - LT35, Panzer 35(t) & 38(t) and derivatives -more than halfway there at 19, 2023 needs some armour!

I have decided, if this gets off the ground I’ll scratch build a 1/24 Hetzer as my build, so there you go I’ve thrown down the gauntlet :) ……

At 6.38m it’s only around 10 inches in 1/24 so it’ll be a nice companion for my Renault FT, which as you can see is still very much a work in progress,

52-E61-EFB-BEE2-4-F90-AE33-0-DA147346284

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

DSC-0072.jpgBlueprint scaled to 1/24 fits nicely to an A4 page (or A3 for the full print) which is a nice size. GB or no GB I'm going to build one, probably resin cast the roadwheels, suspension and  the track in sections from scratch built masters. Which might mean we could see a few family members as well, possibly for the GB (if it goes ahead) 

@Enzo Matrix a question does this class as a GB or an STGB? 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1