Phantom F-4J VMFA 334 Falcons “Lovebug 5” Tamiya 1/32

Notty

Plus the Magic Scale Modelling Light & sound kit. AOA decals, Quickboost pilot & RIO, painted   Mig Ammo light gull grey. Link to video at the bottom showing the light & sound of engine start etc.

(I know the open canopy position isn’t right but I’m delicately balancing best I can before I commit to glueing - the only minus point for Tamiya in this kit!)

thanks for looking.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

jump to 2:55 if you want to skip my rambling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Notty
Night pics requested
  • Like 46
  • Thanks 2

Nice build, the shot looking into the lit up engines was cool. :) 

btw Magic Scale Modelling Light & sound kit. is new to me, can you give the cost of the set and a rough breakdown of what you receive?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billy54 said:

Nice build, the shot looking into the lit up engines was cool. :) 

btw Magic Scale Modelling Light & sound kit. is new to me, can you give the cost of the set and a rough breakdown of what you receive?

Thanks for the nice words chaps it is appreciated.

Billy, I did a video going through the magic scale modelling kit and what you get here: warning though they’re addictive, this is my 5th! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Tamiya 1/32 F-4s have their issues but you've done an outstanding job on this one. The lights and sound add a lot to an already wonderful model.

• Like 1

Notty. love this offering. Looks and sounds so realistic! I think such a high quality kit like this deserved the full 9 yards! Well done! I loved the cockpit illumination and the flashing lights especially. 

Would love to see some video of it activated in the dark? 

Cheers, Andy

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 10:04 PM, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Notty. love this offering. Looks and sounds so realistic! I think such a high quality kit like this deserved the full 9 yards! Well done! I loved the cockpit illumination and the flashing lights especially. 

Would love to see some video of it activated in the dark? 

Cheers, Andy

Hello Andy hope you’re keeping well and thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately imgur won’t let me link to the video I took of it in the dark, so I’ve added a few photos of her lit up like an Xmas tree at the end.

17 hours ago, Notty said:

Hello Andy hope you’re keeping well and thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately imgur won’t let me link to the video I took of it in the dark, so I’ve added a few photos of her lit up like an Xmas tree at the end.

Hi Notty. Yes keeping well and have been busy. Not started any new models until now since my Tempest V build! 

Thanks for adding the pics in low light. It's absolutely amazing! Thank you! Maybe I'll have a go at one of these light and sound add ons in the near future. Will be a prop driven kit I think. 

Just started my Trumpeter Jug  so look out for my WIP for this 

• Like 1