Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

Also passed by this rather strange collection of cars. I have seen them before, on my way to the embassy renewing our passports now and then. They might look British but they are not (except for the white Range Rover of course).

Anyone care to take a guess what they might be be? If it helps, I can say that though not being British, the steering wheel is still on the wrong side 😉

5rC0695.jpg

MKAjxyz.jpg

8hgjhMQ.jpg

And a couple made in the UK I presume, or maybe even „chopped off“ in the UAE? 

I5Sc2Or.jpg

1APbYBO.jpg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

Also passed by this rather strange collection of cars. I have seen them before, on my way to the embassy renewing our passports now and then. They might look British but they are not (except for the white Range Rover of course).

Anyone care to take a guess what they might be be? If it helps, I can say that though not being British, the steering wheel is still on the wrong side 😉

5rC0695.jpg

MKAjxyz.jpg

8hgjhMQ.jpg

And a couple made in the UK I presume, or maybe even „chopped off“ in the UAE? 

I5Sc2Or.jpg

1APbYBO.jpg

I do believe both are Mitsuokas. The tiny one is Micra-based Mitsuoka Viewt and the big one is Cedric-based Mitsuoka Galue. Look up Mitsuoka, you'd be fascinated.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tyas said:

I do believe both are Mitsuokas. The tiny one is Micra-based Mitsuoka Viewt and the big one is Cedric-based Mitsuoka Galue. Look up Mitsuoka, you'd be fascinated.

You are good Tyas 👍

uMHv8mj.jpg

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Completely hideous...?! 🤣

Keith

Now what made you say that … 😂 

• Haha 2

Early this morning, on the A1 Southbound and somewhere jst South of Grantham, a D reg Austin Montego looking in great condition.

Later in Cambridge, a pair of lovely '60's Rollers parked nose to nose in a driveway. Near to a big park, if you know Cambridge.

• Like 6

On our holidays, driving down the A14/M11 when we saw a Bedford QL with office body, followed by a Bedford MW with a GS? body. 

This afternoon on our way to Rye 

Harbour Nature Reserve, had a black Austin Somerset pass by in the opposite direction, and in the car park near the reserve was a white Jaguar S Type partly sheeted over and a red 1967 Volvo 122. Not seen one of those for a while. 

• Like 3

Black late model Audi UR Quattro on a transporter heading onto A18 out of Doncaster this morning . Looked tidy , not seen one in the flesh for a while but what a stunning , aggressive looking car . My schoolboy dream the Quattro ! 
 Gary . 

• Like 3

Just want to offer a opposite to Spot of the Day

Just seen a new Ford Mustang

What on earth possessed Ford to call that sort of car a Mustang

Expect the next will be a hot hatch GT40 Fiesta

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

'cos it'll outdrag a new GT500

Still doesn't make it a Pony car....!! 🤣

Only spot today, a very tidy looking, bog standard Saab 900 4 door.

• Like 1

A few on the A12 to London today.

2 x Lotus Elan

1 x MGB GT

1 x SAAB 900 Turbo (H plate in red) The original type

1 x 57 BelAir

1 x 1.8 Marina in orange

1 x Ford Classic Capri in white on a 64 plate

• Like 3

A small gathering of classics at a park near me today . Here's a few that took my fancy .

Matra Simca and French friends 

20220619_132801

20220619_132400

20220619_130312

And finally one from my boy racer days , a very rare Citroen AX GT500 , limited edition run of 500. 

20220619_130037

I used the Flikr app on my phone to post these for the first time , as opposed to my tablet , so hopefully they have been posted correctly  !

Gary 

• Like 12

Today I encountered a convoy of Mercedes SLKs and related models all enjoying the sun with the roof down. Around ten of them passed me, many with some kind of club/event plaque on the front bumper, so obviously an organized event. There were more waiting to turn out of a side road.

• Like 3

On 19/06/2022 at 18:40, Windy37 said:

A small gathering of classics at a park near me today . Here's a few that took my fancy .

Any more of the '68 Charger, the '54 Cadillac, the MG?  🤨

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Six97s said:

Any more of the '68 Charger, the '54 Cadillac, the MG?  🤨

Unfortunately not . Not really my thing  , but I'm impressed by your knowledge of their year by small views of each car !!!

Gary

• Like 1

Nothing to special today, just some 4x4’s which I usually see on my daily exercise. 

Wouldn’t mind crossing the Empty Quarter with an experienced driver in this one …

rzsEMxl.jpg

Nothing AMG or Brabus about this one, but much cooler if you ask me !!

ERV0KxO.jpg

This one has clearly seen some action too,

uidFpub.jpg

And finally my all time favorite, the „small-scale“ Suzuki Jimny :) Have seen these in action in the desert and they are remarkable capable! Nice to see this one being used for what it was actually build for = adventure. 

QRTkX4A.jpg

I8ssZoL.jpg

• Like 6