Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

20 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I recently bought a 2010 Ford Fusion. Just 40,000 on the clock. Looks & drives like a two year old car. The previous owner is 90!

I seriously considered buying a Fusion Sport in 2010. I liked the car's lines and how it drove quite a bit. My wife vetoed it because she detested the noise the turn signal made. The things we do for a good marriage.... 

• Haha 6

Being as you asked...

iclW6gs.jpg

Yep, twelve years old. I tell people it's a Fiesta Station Wagon. Certainly more practical, and 46 mpg. 

Today I've seen another couple of old & small cars in good nick. And an immaculate Nissan Bluebird, the square styled model.

• Like 10

An earlyish Ford Mustang fastback coming toward me as I neared home the other day. I didn't get a long look, as it appeared to be getting along a bit swiftish for the area, but my impression was that it was the 2nd generation, there seemed slightly more bulk than the 1st gen ones.

Steve 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Yep, twelve years old. I tell people it's a Fiesta Station Wagon. Certainly more practical, and 46 mpg. 

Cheers Pete,she's the same shape as mine but mine's 04 so i wondered if being 6 years newer the shape had changed at all....

• Like 1

Just got back from town and the post April 1st date must have seen some classics taxed for 6 months  . Here's what I saw 

A black ,  maybe 70s Mercedes saloon which the other half described as a gangster car !

A Morris Minor 

Best of all (maybe) 

An Austin Ambassador in metallic burgundy.  

Gary 

• Like 3

Just round the corner from me, a Lotus S410. Pity about the shadow cast by Chelmsford Prison's high wall!

IMG-4301

Also, but no photo as I was driving past, but sticking its nose out from a driveway, a metal bumpered MGB, looking very bright in highly polished black.

• Like 4

Just spotted today Toyota Corolla GTI 16V FWD quite rusty condition. I can't remember when I saw one of those previously. So model made in late 80's early 90's. I hope someone will save it.  I try to add photo tomorrow. Same area is also Ford Cortina MK1 STW. my heart says that I should save it, but brain says too bad. This car have been siting in same place decades. I know it would look good in red and gold finish.

nJv7tjO.jpg

Edited by Vesa Jussila
  • Like 7

During the week: two 60's notchback Mustangs, one black, one purple, today 2 MGB's 1 BRG, 1 yellow. A black Standard 10 in a layby with the hood up, and a blue and grey Wolseley 6/110 farina. A couple of weeks back a 72 plate Capri in Saluki Bronze.

• Like 3

Here's a few at our local Retros meet at the Pilot pub at Dungeness. Good weather too.

I took the Fastback but won't show you that as you've all seen it before.

One for Keith

spacer.png

Lovely little Austin 7, sounded lovely too

spacer.png

From memory I think the Model T is from 1917?

spacer.png

Snails anyone, a Nissan escargot 

spacer.png

A lovely P5

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was never much of a 924 fan but would like this one,a vert original 924 Carrera GT.

spacer.png

A lovely morning

Chris

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Here's a few at our local Retros meet at the Pilot pub at Dungeness. Good weather too.

A tasty Selection. The 2CV has the same colour scheme as the one I spotted in Writtle, but that's not an uncommon colour scheme for them, as opposed to the 100E next to it, which I very much doubt that Ford produced it in that colour! Like the extended arches on the 924 as well.

Just out of interest, and I'll get a photo if I can, but there's a 'E prefix (1987) Merc 300E Estate is parked behind our local garage quite often. Immaculate looking paintwork, leather interior and I keep thinking "I'd take that to the South of France" if I got the chance.🤔

• Like 3

Been to a rally at Cadwell Park today and a quick scout of the car park turned out these few classics . 
This is a replica , based on a 4 door Cavalier and was for sale for £10k . 
51980143479_bef2c2b0a2_c_d.jpg

This wasn’t for sale , but to die for instead !

51980143519_4773b85d02_c_d.jpg

Saab 9000 Turbo and next to it Peugeot 306 Turbo D . 
51978858967_9fac7aa4b3_c_d.jpg

Renault Alpine 

51978859102_1f625cb570_c_d.jpg

Triumph TR250 ? 
51979934973_e1cd3c6c21_c_d.jpg

Thanks for looking 

Gary .

• Like 13

52 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

Triumph TR250 ? 
51979934973_e1cd3c6c21_c_d.jpg

Thanks for looking 

Gary .

Not sure if the ? meant you wondered what a TR250 was, if so it’s a US market TR5 but with twin carbs instead of fuel injection.  The bonnet stripes were original (it was pony/muscle car era in the States), but I assume that one must have been reimported and converted to RHD and age-related plate.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I was never much of a 924 fan but would like this one,a vert original 924 Carrera GT.

Owned a 924 once - second worst car I've ever had (after a Vauxhall Viva HC....!!) But I'd kill to have that GT...!! :)

Keith

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

One for Keith

spacer.png

Lovely little Austin 7, sounded lovely too

spacer.png

From memory I think the Model T is from 1917?

spacer.png

Snails anyone, a Nissan escargot 

spacer.png

A lovely P5

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A lovely morning

Chris

Aside from the cars, is that an aircraft propeller behind the 100E?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Owned a 924 once - second worst car I've ever had (after a Vauxhall Viva HC....!!) But I'd kill to have that GT...!! :)

Keith

Me too Keith, you can certainly see the 944 in it.

27 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Aside from the cars, is that an aircraft propeller behind the 100E?

Yes, I am not dure what it's from though , I will try and remember to take a look next time I am there though.  

Interestingly there was a guy there who normally attends in a cracking pale yellow Super Snipe with supercharged motor, they were in his wife's Scooby powered VW T25 (T3) today, but he races a belly tank car that he built from a wing tank that washed up on the beach near the pub . Amazing stuff.  

Chris

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 6:35 PM, MR2Don said:

but there's a 'E prefix (1987) Merc 300E Estate is parked behind our local garage

Don't know why I wrote that, it's "R" prefix - it's my age, you know.

Anyway, as well as that, today a rare one. Not too much of a look as I was walking and only got attracted from my aged reverie by the noise, but...a Vauxhall VX220, in silver!

• Like 1

Out at lunch I spotted a Fiat 600 at the traffic lights.  Huge compared to a 500 but still tiny.  1964 model if the B plate was correct…

• Like 3

Look what I found tucked away behind a pub just outside Peterborough today...

ilOJmDS.jpg

And no, the pub isn't called the Manor Inn. The car is obviously a restoration. Whether it's genuine or not, I don't know.

• Like 8