Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

This morning in Market Rasen (Lincs) an Austin 7. Red body & black mudguards. Way back when I was a kid a chap on our street had one!

Also, same location, a new(ish) Camaro. The plonker had coloured the inner headlights orange so they looked like American running lights/indicators.

Also they were fixed up so they were on all the time. Illegal? In this country, Yes.

A few miles away I saw a Motorbike & Sidecar combo. The Sidecar was late 50's early 60' style. The bike was black so probably vintage too.

• Like 1

My eyes are almost bleeding after today. The Aston DBX I did see, but I still think doesn't look too bad. However I saw 4 of the five ugliest cars on the UK's roads (OK, I know there's at least one Pontiac Aztec around because I've seen it, but I'm ignoring that today), all I was missing was a Rolls Cullinan. But I did see:

Benley Bentayga

Lamborghini Urus

Ssongyang Rodius (old school ugly there)

and lastly and possibly most ugly (between this and the Urus), a BMW Parrotfish (iX).

I must really have offended someone today...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Ssongyang Rodius And to think that it was designed by a Brit!

BMW Parrotfish.  TBH I'd include any of the Bangle designed Beemers.

Though, I did see a Mercedes pick up last week. That's just silly. It's a Nissan!

• Like 5

A couple of modern job with rarity for these parts, 2012 Dodge Challenger in yellow jacket colour, one of the better looking modern iterations of classic muscle cars to my mind, then a BMW 435i, first I'd seen & not a bad looker for a modern beamer either, again, to my mind, then later, a couple of true classics, a 1956 Chev Bel-Air & early 1965-66 Mustang Convertible.

Steve.

• Like 3

A 1920s Trojan!  I've seen a few before, at shows and VSCC events but not on the road.  This one was chugging along on the other side of the road when I was driving home from work this afternoon.

• Like 6

Out cycling in the New Forest, lots of nice cars out amongst the hideous bloat-mobile SUVs; Dodge Hellcat, Modern Mustang were modern highlights, a TR6 and a pre-war Morgan trike, the highlight though was an immaculate blue Mini 95 pick-up.  It was X- reg so presumably one of the last.  It looked and sounded very original on steels and hub-caps.  It looked so tiny; a standard classic (proper) Mini would look more substantial! 

• Like 4

Last weekend on Saturday I went to Jakarta to review the Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut. But being Jakarta, I decided to went for some carspotting first. Turns out the local Ferrari club is having a breakfast event so I went there first.

IMG-9586.jpg

IMG-9588.jpg

2 Ferrari 355s, a GTS and a Berlinetta. Properly cool to see them being used as intended. But my favourite from the lot is this 488 Pista Spider. Really cool spec with silver wheels and Nero Stellato racing stripe.

IMG-9559.jpg

Then went out for random spotting, saw this gorgeous unmodified McLaren 650S Spider in Tarocco Orange...

IMG-9710.jpg

... And this achingly beautiful Porsche 356A Speedster.

IMG-9735.jpg

Oh, and the Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut. It's just so stunning in flesh. As expected from a GBP2.8 million, 1600hp, 310+mph hypercar. Before VAT. And options.

IMG-9749.jpg

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

Around midday, at the top of the M11 heading north, a red DAF 33!  Looked very tidy.

Trevor

My dad had a yellow one of those way back when i was a nipper in the early 70's 👍

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 3:39 PM, Andreas.R said:

Here a few cars that disappeared into museums/collectors rooms!

In the late 80` you could see them on the streets in munich! 

I had the chance to drive this Stratos Stradale! I will never forget!

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png   spacer.png

It's been bugging me the last photo of the Stratos,is that a Granada Coupe sticking out from behind the wall...

Edited by Vince1159

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

It's been bugging me the last photo of the Stratos,is that a Granada Coupe sticking out from behind the wall...

Hello Vince,

the yellow one? Yes it is a Ford Granada Coupe.

Thanks

Andreas

• Thanks 1

This rather lovely VW Beetle 1500 was in the local supermarket car park yesterday.

y4mayAiCV61taJb4zCFNnzkrqFagULSn1sNzhJSX

Today I saw but was unable to photograph a white Jaguar E-type Series 1 2+2 and what was either a Triumph TR4 or TR5.

• Like 8

I could say about the matte metallic olive wrapped Ferrari Portafino I saw in Tesco today. Or I could say about the fact that I saw my first of the new shape Toyota FJ Cruisers on the road. But I'm sure you'll all be much more interested in two cars from defunct (in the UK at least) manufacturers which were out enjoying the sunny weather, namely a very nice Saab 95 and a solid Lancia Fulvia (albeit one suffering some paint crazing and microblistering across most of it). But that Fulvia is still a nice looking car, even in 1970s brown...

51955621600_556c7e26f1_c.jpg

• Like 13

14 hours ago, Spiny said:

But I'm sure you'll all be much more interested in two cars from defunct (in the UK at least) manufacturers which were out enjoying the sunny weather, namely a very nice Saab 95 and a solid Lancia Fulvia (albeit one suffering some paint crazing and microblistering across most of it). But that Fulvia is still a nice looking car, even in 1970s brown...

Wind your clock back 50 years and you could see those two chasing each other through forests on the RAC Rally!!!

I'd love to own a Fulvia HF!!!!!

• Like 4

My friend’s mum had a silver Fulvia with red interior in the early 70s, a really lovely and exotic car at the time in the UK.

Later I house shared with a keen Lancia fan, neither of his two Fulvia restorations progressed much in that time, though I do recall lifting the V4 off the bench was easy compared to just the head off my triumph lump!

Sacrilegiously, I sort of prefer the raised outer headlights of the UK models…

• Like 2

Not as rare as the Saab or the Lancia from Tuesday, but this looked a very agreeable way to commute for someone this morning. Just a shame the traffic was barely moving :(

51959589670_ea3a76f947_b.jpg

Got to say that it looked immaculate, could easily have been a recent restoration from the condition.

There was also a Ferrari 458 in red with Italian flag stripes, but I'd rather have the E-type. The less said about the matt grey Urus or black Bentayga the better (there are far too many of both of those things in these parts so I won't mention them again...)

• Like 9

Yesterday, heading south on the M11, a two-tone blue Wolseley 1500.  Only caught a brief glimpse as I was heading north, but it looked quite tidy.

Trevor

• Like 2

Spotted quite a few exotica on the way from Lincolnshire to Kent this afternoon.

On the A1, a dark blue Jaguar XK120 and a white Austin Healey (100/6, I think).

On the M11, a pale yellow Jaguar E Type and a very large American car - lots and chrome and grilles - mid-sixties?

On the M25, a black Lamborghini (Aventador, I think) being close followed by a yellow Lotus Elise.

Plus, near Grantham, an old, red, Renault 5. 

Not bad for one journey.

Trevor

• Like 6

Whilst driving through Coventry I spotted a green Jaguar Mk.II on wire wheels, looking slightly scruffy.  Then later there was a Ford Capri Mk.III that seemed to have received the "Carlos Fandango" treatment and was driven with appropriate boy-racer verve.

• Like 3

There's a tatty Mk 2 Capri parked at the Officers mess at RAF Waddington.

I've seen a couple of E types this week, and today on Lincoln bypass a TR6 in an odd faded red and a white TR4A.

I've also been noticing old and small cars here and there. W reg Peugeot or Micra for example. These all seem in decent condition. But not 'classics' at all.

I have to presume this sort of thing is the result of an estate sale and they've been in the garage for years.

I recently bought a 2010 Ford Fusion. Just 40,000 on the clock. Looks & drives like a two year old car. The previous owner is 90!

• Like 6